CS #577 - Spices

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Well, everyone has some around in the kitchen or the garden or just on the window sill..

Happy shooting
Klaus

Just in case there are some who avoid herbs and spices, can we broaden the theme a bit?

Used as a noun, the most direct use of “spice” is in reference to an aromatic or pungent vegetable derived substance that is used to flavor food. The word can also be used indirectly in reference to something that adds interest or excitement. When used as a verb, spice refers to the act of adding interest or excitement.

In the late 50's and early 60's many schools and churches held Friday night dances called Record Hops. The girls would sit on one side of the room
while the boys sat on the other working up the courage to ask the girls to dance. I distinctly remember the boy's side strongly smelling of these
products:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

In the late 50's and early 60's many schools and churches held Friday night dances called Record Hops. The girls would sit on one side of the room
while the boys sat on the other working up the courage to ask the girls to dance. I distinctly remember the boy's side strongly smelling of these
products:

View attachment 1591626
Dave, I had forgotten about those.:oops::oops:

Someone had to do the obvious thing? Raiding the spice cabinet:

Caraway, Coriander, Root Ginger, Allspice, Peppercorns
Saffron, Nutmeg, Aniseed, Star Anise

products:

View attachment 1591626
That made me laugh. I was a Brut person myself, but it stunk just as much. :)

"We call the shadow on the Second Moon 'Muad'Dib'..."

As an SF fan, I couldn't let the mention of Spice go by without a reference to Frank Herbert's Dune :D

="AlJohnston, post: 3924866, member: 5618

As an SF fan, I couldn't let the mention of Spice go by without a reference to Frank Herbert's Dune :D
My goodness, you really are a SF fan -- I forgot all about that book. I literally stayed up all night to finish the book roughly 50 years ago.:eek:

Last edited:
We have trays and trays of spices, and even more in small baskets (yes, there is another shelf above this one)...

There are pull out trays with a bunch of items in each.

Rosemary: Reminds me of a song by Simon and Garfunkel. How many of you can remember the name of this song?

Images taken with my D200, AF Micro Nikkor 105mm f2.8 lens

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom