CS #581 - The City You Live In…

Status
Not open for further replies.
CS581#
OK, my original pick was going to be Pets, but seeing “AlJohnston” beat me to it one week before, so this week I’m going to select “The City You Live In” as the subject.

You will showcase the city you live in or suburbs or if you live in the country. Your photos showing all the interesting sites, Buildings, Homes, Shopping Malls, Parks, Lakes, Oceans (that’s if you live next to an Ocean or Lake) Roads etc, and even the People in your city.

Please, keep within the Café and CS guidelines and submit only images made during the current CS time period which extends from NOW through midnight on Wednesday 01/03…

Here are a few examples, all within 20 miles from where I live (Adelaide South Australia)...

Brighton Jetty...

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The name on the side of the building says it all...

Clarendon Bakery...

Glenelg foreshore...

People enjoying a summers night, it is summer down here...!!!

Brighton Jetty...

Jetty Road, Brighton...

The Esplanade Hotel, Brighton...

Summer night at Hallet Cove...

O'Sullivan Beach...

Last edited:
Ah Ha ... Put on your best tourist cap; drape a couple of Japanese cameras over your shoulder; and snap your way around town.

I like that, Wally -- it has been a while since we have done any form of urbex (urban exploration).

I like your examples -- I've often felt that if I were to try to escape from winter's snow and ice, I'd go to Australia rather than simply visit Florida or California.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Great series Wally.

It's a beautiful town, you're living.
This time I'm able to share some pictures... :)

Regards
Klaus

CS581#
OK, my original pick was going to be Pets, but seeing “AlJohnston” beat me to it one week before, so this week I’m going to select “The City You Live In” as the subject.

You will showcase the city you live in or suburbs or if you live in the country. Your photos showing all the interesting sites, Buildings, Homes, Shopping Malls, Parks, Lakes, Oceans (that’s if you live next to an Ocean or Lake) Roads etc, and even the People in your city.

Please, keep within the Café and CS guidelines and submit only images made during the current CS time period which extends from NOW through midnight on Wednesday 01/03…

Here are a few examples, all within 20 miles from where I live (Adelaide South Australia)...

Brighton Jetty...

View attachment 1593349

The name on the side of the building says it all...

View attachment 1593350

Clarendon Bakery...

View attachment 1593351

Glenelg foreshore...

View attachment 1593352

People enjoying a summers night, it is summer down here...!!!

View attachment 1593353

Brighton Jetty...

View attachment 1593354

Jetty Road, Brighton...

View attachment 1593355

The Esplanade Hotel, Brighton...

View attachment 1593356

Summer night at Hallet Cove...

View attachment 1593357

O'Sullivan Beach...

View attachment 1593358
Beautiful examples Wally, and interesting theme! I'll try to get out and get some pictures, but even though I'm on break until after the first of the year, we have a foot of snow on the ground and -2 to 7 degrees F temperatures right now. Kinda trying to hunker down...

Ah Ha ... Put on your best tourist cap; drape a couple of Japanese cameras over your shoulder; and snap your way around town.
I like that, Wally -- it has been a while since we have done any form of urbex (urban exploration).
I like your examples -- I've often felt that if I were to try to escape from winter's snow and ice, I'd go to Australia rather than simply visit Florida or California.
Thanks Bob, thought that this would be an easy one for everybody especially after Christmas.
Hey, come on down, but it can get pretty warm in certain parts of Oz, up to 45°C (113°C) and higher during summer, but usually in the mid 30°C (85-95°C)

Great series Wally.
It's a beautiful town, you're living.
This time I'm able to share some pictures... :)
Regards
Klaus
Thank you, and I'd love to see some photos of your beautiful city...

Beautiful examples Wally, and interesting theme! I'll try to get out and get some pictures, but even though I'm on break until after the first of the year, we have a foot of snow on the ground and -2 to 7 degrees F temperatures right now. Kinda trying to hunker down...
Just point your camera out your front door as this is what this CS is all about, seeing what your city life is like. With the heat here, I'd love to see some snow... LOL...:rolleyes:

OK, right outside my front door (from inside, as it is zero outsize)...

And rear window...

ohhh...i hope I can get home in time to participate! (and it's warm enough to wander the town with a camera)
Will look forward to seeing photos of your "City" Lori... :)
OK, right outside my front door (from inside, as it is zero outsize)...

View attachment 1593462

And rear window...
View attachment 1593463
Wow, I can see why you stayed inside to take these shots. :eek:
We don't get snow here and I've visited parts in the US where there was snow but only experienced it for a short time, so I can't imagine how you guys live with these freezing conditions...
It's going to be a cool day here as it's only going to get to 25°C (77°C)... ;)
Glad to see you doing this, Wally. I hosted a shoot with essentially the same theme last March, but it's probably a good time to do it again. It was a different season then.
Thanks Jim, looked at you link and some great photos there, but lets see some more photos of your lovely "City"... (y)

At this time of year, my yard and nearby woods and fields are normally quite busy with cardinals, nuthatches, chickadees, sparrows, titmouses and other feathered friends flocking to our bird feeders. However, this year is different – very few (some days, none) birds are evident. I felt lucky when this pair of chickadees showed up outside a kitchen window this afternoon.

At this time of year, my yard and nearby woods and fields are normally quite busy with cardinals, nuthatches, chickadees, sparrows, titmouses and other feathered friends flocking to our bird feeders. However, this year is different – very few (some days, none) birds are evident. I felt lucky when this pair of chickadees showed up outside a kitchen window this afternoon.

Very nice capture Bob.

I woke up to 4-5 inches of new snow this morning, and spent an hour removing it from my driveway. While having so much fun, I kept staring at one of the spruce trees. After a bit, I just had to retrieve a camera. I try this sort of shot with little success every year:( – why should this year be any different? :rolleyes:

The weather has improved (though I absolutely loved the cold and snow, but hated yesterdays rain), the kids and the grand dog have all left, and after we do some much-needed house cleaning I'll try for some "our town" pictures. To tide things over, and to keep Bob company, here is my version of snow on an evergreen, taken on a hike around a local lake on Thursday.

I woke up to 4-5 inches of new snow this morning, and spent an hour removing it from my driveway. While having so much fun, I kept staring at one of the spruce trees. After a bit, I just had to retrieve a camera. I try this sort of shot with little success every year:( – why should this year be any different? :rolleyes:
Not bad at all Bob!

The weather has improved (though I absolutely loved the cold and snow, but hated yesterdays rain), the kids and the grand dog have all left, and after we do some much-needed house cleaning I'll try for some "our town" pictures. To tide things over, and to keep Bob company, here is my version of snow on an evergreen, taken on a hike around a local lake on Thursday.
View attachment 1593525
Nice Nick. It' still too cold for me to want to venture out today (-2 this morning, up to 9 in afternoon). I was only out briefly, to shovel snow off our three season porch (it gets 2-3x the snow, because of snow coming off the solar panels on the main roof). My fingers were numb, after 20 mins of shoveling.

Fortunately, my wife had to go out for groceries, so I conned her into returning our Red Box movie. :)

View attachment 1593525
Looks like you and the new D850 are getting along just fine, Nick. [and, thanks for the company]
Not bad at all Bob!
Thanks, Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom