CS #587 - Drinks

Discussion in 'The Collective Shoot' started by kilofoxtrott, Feb 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Wheather you are, you'll need it:
    Drinks

Post your pictures, starting with water, to milk and wine or liquors...

Have fun and don't drink to much o_Oo_Oo_O

Here are three examples from Hard Rock Cafe NYC, shot last year.

(1)
    28367167909_e8d55b7b30_o.

(2)
    28367167949_0bc4f5d810_o.

(3)
    28367168029_737db720f4_o.

The same counter, different light

Regards
    Klaus

2. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    Interesting theme Klaus! At least there is an easy subject to find (I say that after two days of frustration with our refrigerator, whose ice maker has stopped making ice - a real PITA, considering I mostly drink water and don't care much for warm or slightly cool water).

Looking forwarding to contributing and seeing what folks come up with...

3. Pawl

Pawl

Aug 10, 2013
    EC
    Nice and (very) available topic this week Klaus so as I cannot use my studio here are a few quick and easy pics to get things rolling. Will try for a better selection when I have more time maybe over the weekend, until then these will have to do.

As it happens, I tend to 'pick up' a sample of the local whatever (preferably either weird or interesting, or both if available) when I travel, here are some fairly recent examples.

1) Water, water, water:
    20180208190801_0009.

2) Cider Brandy & Ginger Liqueur
    20180208191002_0012.

3) Cockburn's Fine Tawny, Special Reserve Port & Fine Ruby Port
    20180208191103_0016.

I tend to drink water mostly, so 'others' tend to be given these, if they fancy them :)

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  4. Pawl, I tend to be the opposite. We'll get along very well. What a great collection of fun drinks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    Very nice shots Pawl! I mostly drink water as well, but do drink some tea. Will have to post...

6. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Timely reminder as I'm almost out. beer ruby red table.JPG

7. Three of my closest friends...

D75_7536-XL.
    Actually, I've had those bottles three years and they're all still alive.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    Nice shot West! It's amazing all the effort the companies doe in packaging and marketing their products. Some of the boxes and bottles seem more interesting that the contents - to me. :)

9. Those dark bottles suggest they might have contained something to my liking.

10. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    I was going to say, they look like they are getting low... but if you've had them that long, they must be for special occasions - like odd numbered days, days when there is sun outside, nights when it is dark... :)

11. As the old saying goes, Jim's whiskey is free tomorrow!

12. As an avid college football fan, I often need a wee dram as a nightcap to calm down after an exciting game on TV.

13. By the way, that's "whisky". I was corrected while in Scotland three years ago.

14. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    I try a "new" micro brew everytime one comes out, only a few get a second look. I believe wineries started the whole art label thingee.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  15. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Locally brewed, one of my favourite dark Ales.

16. I know better, but Safari thought otherwise :mad:

17. Interesting . . there is a French wine called Parallel 45!

18. Some of the names these "craft" beers have are just astonishing..... Actually, right now I've got a bottle of "Sweet Baby Jesus" ale or beer, whatever it is, in my refrigerator....it's been there a while. A friend gave it to me a long time ago and assured me that I'd love it because apparently it tastes kind of like Reese's Peanut Butter Cups (which I adore), only with a hint of beer/hops and an alcohol kick to it. One of these days I'll get around to actually opening the bottle and trying it, but that name.....just seems a bit sacrilegious to me, and I'm not an especially religious person.

Anyway, it IS fascinating to wander through the beer section of even a mainstream grocery store these days and see some of the weird names on the beers and ales!

19. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    Well Water

cs-587-0303.

This is what I drink 90% of the time. I love these beer glasses that I got from a tour of the Red hook brewery years ago, as they are really thick, and keep drinks cold.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    This sampler of micro brews was given to me several weeks ago, but I have not yet gotten around to trying it. Included are: Brooklyn lager, Longboard island lager, Blue Moon Belgian white (wheat ale), Wolf’s Ridge clear sky cream ale, Great Lakes India pale ale, and Jolly Traveler (wheat ale brewed with lemon peel, pomegranate juice, orange and spice).

DSC_4190sm.