CS #592 - Saint Paddy's Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Paul
Quick, and I hope easy theme for folks to participate in, even if you're not Irish (I'm not)...

The theme is to take pictures of anything (loosely) related to Saint Patrick's Day, which is Saturday. This can include...
  • Luck
  • Green
  • Churches
  • Statues of Saints
  • Ireland
  • Beer
  • Parades/Celebrations
  • Food related to the day (corned beef and cabbage)

Normal rules apply...
  • Post only shots taken from now, until midnight Wednesday, March 21st, your local time.
  • Post as often as desired, but keep each post to no more than 3 shots.
  • Rate E for everyone.
  • Limit size to 1600 pixels on longest edge.
  • Pictures related to the theme
  • Have FUN!!!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I like the theme, Paul. I purchased a new lens (new to me; but it's been out for awhile), but I haven't been out to practice with it yet. This will give me an opportunity to get out this weekend. Thanks for hosting!

Real Name
Paul
I like the theme, Paul. I purchased a new lens (new to me; but it's been out for awhile), but I haven't been out to practice with it yet. This will give me an opportunity to get out this weekend. Thanks for hosting!
Cool! Looking forward to your shots Lyndee!

I'm in the process of buys a new (to me) lens too. Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll be here in time for this CS. I'll pray to Saint Patty! I'm hoping people will be green with envy of the picture quality (but maybe not, as I'll need to figure out how to use it :)), or with the reasonable amount of cabbage I had to shell out for it. :)

Real Name
Paul
Front Door Decoration
cs-592-0586.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

My wife's on top of it for putting up decorations for the various holiday's and events, and Saint Patrick's Day is no exception (she's half Irish).

Not a four leaf clover, but it's green! :)

Real Name
Paul
Local Newspaper...
cs-592-0589.jpg

The Union Leader even celebrates Saint Patrick's Day. Note that they have a headline about the Boston Celtics basketball team too...

Last edited:
Real Name
Paul
The weekend is upon us...

Grab your camera and go out and shoot some pictures of green things, your favorite beverages, people dressed up for the celebration, or anything Irish!

Bonus points if you can find Irish people dressed up for Saint Patty's day and drinking green beer! :)

Real Name
Paul
Corned Beef and Cabbage
cs-592-0593.jpg

Traditional food for Saint Patricks day. My wife also adds rutabaga, carrots, and parsnips.

Oh, and I guess I should be calling it "Saint Paddy's Day". I'll update the title.

Real Name
Jim Ledbetter
_DSC2243.jpg

Some green shoots through the unseasonal snow:
Snow_20180318_18.jpg

Real Name
Paul
Saint Paddy's day is over, but you still can shoot things that are green, beer/drinks, Irish food, things related to saints, and, if you can find any... leprechauns!

Real Name
Paul
Cashew Butter and Celery
cs-592-0633.jpg

Testing out my new lens (but not the defocus control yet), shooting something green, and having a healthy snack this afternoon!

Real Name
Paul
Today's the last day to show off your green! :)
cs-592-0635.jpg

Not much Irish spirit here. I learned of one place that was well decorated, but, by the time got there on Sunday morning, the staff were replacing the green decorations with Easter eggs (?!). So, here’s a little decoration of one of my spruce trees. [Celebration of the arrival of spring?]

DSC_4238sm.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Paul
Not much Irish spirit here. I learned of one place that was well decorated, but, by the time got there on Sunday morning, the staff were replacing the green decorations with Easter eggs (?!). So, here’s a little decoration of one of my spruce trees. [Celebration of the arrival of spring?]

Surprised they weren't putting up 4th of July decorations. :) I wish I had time to go into Boston. Lots of Irish celebrations and decorations there. Oh well, I just stick to shooting things that are green :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom