CS #593 - You know it is getting to be spring when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see anyone jumping in so I will.

You know it is getting to be spring when...what are your personal harbingers?

The dandelions start showing up
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Sri Chinmoy by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Chairs reappear on the deck

Tete a tete by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Rain looks pretty again

Spring rain033a by urbanflyer, on Flickr

Johnny Jump Ups appear through autumn detritus and winter ice and snow:

The crocuses always “jump the gun” and start a bit early – some are already past their prime.

The earliest of our three magnolias (M. stellata) also tries to get a head start – many of its flower buds are starting to peak through.

On the lookout for that elusive spring of 2018, but in the meantime I am pushing my luck, and had our snow tires removed when the car was in for its 20,000 mile service. Snow is in the forecast for tonight and the weekend, though not enough to be a concern.

You know it is getting to be spring when...

The daffodils get buried in snow

...and it ain't done yet:

Saturday
Snow, mainly after 1pm. High near 31. Light and variable wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow. Low around 26. Northeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Sunday
A chance of snow, mainly before 7am. Partly sunny, with a high near 36. East wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

On the lookout for that elusive spring of 2018, but in the meantime I am pushing my luck, and had our snow tires removed when the car was in for its 20,000 mile service. Snow is in the forecast for tonight and the weekend, though not enough to be a concern.

View attachment 1599048
Yeah, it’s probably safe to take the chance. I may do the same soon.

View attachment 1599049

Saturday
Snow, mainly after 1pm. High near 31. Light and variable wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.
Saturday Night
Snow. Low around 26. Northeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Sunday
A chance of snow, mainly before 7am. Partly sunny, with a high near 36. East wind 8 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
Sounds like you were lucky to get the shot in!

...we start to see the front steps...

For me, Spring has at last come when I both see and hear a curlew making its full long, warbling, haunting call. Last week I heard one do just that but it was a foggy morning and I didn't see it. Today this one took off as I was passing a field but it only produced two or three short, single notes as it flew on. However the first singing skylark of the year was above the same field and made up for it to a degree. Getting closer!

Curlew by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1599049

Saturday
Saturday Night
Sunday
Nice one Jim. Apparently we may be headed for similar treatment but for now there is no snow hereabouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom