CS #595 - Your (favourite) breakfast

Status
Not open for further replies.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Oh, how I love to have breakfast on the weekend with the whole family...

One of our favourites are pancakes then.
Getting up early to prepare the dough. After a while baking the pancakes.

(1) Put dough in a not to hot pan
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

(2) When the surface getting dry (dull) flip it.

(3) Wait a little until the underside is getting golden

(4) Sorry, no pictures of the prepared pancake with banana and maple sirup on the table. There must be mice around here...

Bon apetite
Klaus

When lazy and not in the mood for cooking anything

View attachment 1599818

View attachment 1599819

View attachment 1599820

(4) Sorry, no pictures of the prepared pancake with banana and maple sirup on the table. There must be mice around here...
View attachment 1599821

Bon apetite
Klaus
Great theme Klaus! I love the examples! When I was younger (pre-high cholesterol), I used to make pancakes from scratch every Saturday. A very enjoyable ritual.

Trying out different type of Marmalade has become a hobby of mine, similar to micro brew. This French Bonne Maman stuff is great, mind you also somewhat pricey at almost $6 for a small jar.

His and Hers...

Not my favorite, but I do enjoy yogurt with some cinnamon and fresh berries, and a few slices of bacon. My wife likes eats the non-fat version for her diet, and eat the whole fat version for my diet.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
His and Hers...
View attachment 1599900
Not my favorite, but I do enjoy yogurt with some cinnamon and fresh berries, and a few slices of bacon. My wife likes eats the non-fat version for her diet, and eat the whole fat version for my diet.
Yummy with some ripe Mangoes... (y)(y)(y)

Interesting impression of your fridge, Paul :whistle::);)

Kind regards
Klaus

Guess I'm more of a lunch guy ;)

Pumpkin Bread

My mom loves to make (and eat) breads and often has them for breakfast and lunch. These are two loaves of pumpkin bread she made today. I enjoy the smell of the breads she cooks, but don't eat any, due to the carbohydrates.

El Cheepo instant coffee with coffee-mate. I have a good coffee machine with a bean grinder that I never use.
Yeah, my wife tried the grinding and nice beans for a while, but then fell back to using her Kuerig, with different brands of K-cups.

It's great for her, as she can have as many, or few, cups as she desires in the morning. I like the Kuerig too, as it brews quickly, and until my wife has injected enough caffeine, she's a zombie. :)

Usually I have a 1/2 avocado with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar for breakfast, when I have no avocados I'll have 1/2 an apple and some cheddar cheese.

Usually I have a 1/2 avocado with some olive oil and balsamic vinegar for breakfast, when I have no avocados I'll have 1/2 an apple and some cheddar cheese.
View attachment 1599930
Nice shot. Never thought of having just avocados with oil and vinegar. Usually have avocados on a salad or with other foods.

How long does that hold you? I imagine with the high fat content, it would be pretty good. For me, with one cup of yogurt, I usually start getting a little hungry 4-5 hours later, and end up having some cheese and nuts or meats to snack on, before lunch.

What a different CS this week very nice theme Klaus which also has the side effect of encouraging nicer breakfasts too, yumnmy!

View attachment 1599818

View attachment 1599819

View attachment 1599820

View attachment 1599821

Bon apetite
Klaus
Looks delicious, do you do home delivery (here)?

When lazy and not in the mood for cooking anythingView attachment 1599842
Ha! Was going to do something similar then decided to use the CS as an excuse for nicer things.

Trying out different type of Marmalade has become a hobby of mine, similar to micro brew. This French Bonne Maman stuff is great, mind you also somewhat pricey at almost $6 for a small jar.
View attachment 1599874
Yummy, excellent shot and idea. Love marmalade will definitely show you our equivalent another day.

His and Hers...
View attachment 1599900
When we are feeling like being 'good' we might eat something similar, but have to say it's not my fav, nicely setup and captured shot though.

Guess I'm more of a lunch guy ;)
View attachment 1599915
Yes! Clever way of wiggling out of this one, looks very drinkable.

Pumpkin Bread
View attachment 1599921
My mom loves to make (and eat) breads and often has them for breakfast and lunch. These are two loaves of pumpkin bread she made today. I enjoy the smell of the breads she cooks, but don't eat any, due to the carbohydrates.
Wow didn't know you can actually make anything edible out of pumpkins, all we've tried has been decidely ummm iffy, your photo makes it look scrumptious.

View attachment 1599930
Have never tried that for breakfast but am taking notes and we'll try this for suer sometime, your photo makes it look lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom