CS #604 - Bridges

Status
Not open for further replies.
This week's subject is "Bridges" - the kind that get us over obstacles, that is. I haven't seen any here for a while and not many in the Café generally yet I know a number of you live near some pretty impressive, even spectacular, ones. I also hope to see more pics of those wonderful enclosed types that you have over there in the USA. I don't think I need to post examples but I will just put up this one. It was "the bridge" at Pooley Bridge at the northern end of Ullswater but it is no more, having been destroyed by the heavy floods of a couple of years ago.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Pooley Bridge by warth man, on Flickr

Usual rules apply - up to three pics per post and all to be taken over the next week. Have fun!

Ron

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
As I will be traveling starting tomorrow, there will be many bridges that I'll be crossing on my way to my destination. I'll make sure to stop at a few to get some shots! Love the theme, Warthman!

This week's subject is "Bridges" - the kind that get us over obstacles, that is. I haven't seen any here for a while and not many in the Café generally yet I know a number of you live near some pretty impressive, even spectacular, ones. I also hope to see more pics of those wonderful enclosed types that you have over there in the USA. I don't think I need to post examples but I will just put up this one. It was "the bridge" at Pooley Bridge at the northern end of Ullswater but it is no more, having been destroyed by the heavy floods of a couple of years ago.

View attachment 1606860Pooley Bridge by warth man, on Flickr

Usual rules apply - up to three pics per post and all to be taken over the next week. Have fun!

Ron
Great theme warth man! Now I just have to find time to get out and shoot! :)

Quick snap from today.

That looks pretty substantial West and I like the mono treatment. Great start!
This is a pretty ugly connector in an industrial part of town. I think the mob uses the location for body disposal :cool:

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Victoria Harbor, Vancouver Island, British Columbia

A bridge to the future – OUL, the Lancaster branch of Ohio University.

A bridge from the past – a repurposed and refurbished covered bridge that sits astride a stream behind OUL. [I had hoped to get a better shot of the bridge, but the university’s landscaping efforts have all but obscured the view.]

A bridge to the future – OUL, the Lancaster branch of Ohio University.

A bridge from the past – a repurposed and refurbished covered bridge that sits astride a stream behind OUL. [I had hoped to get a better shot of the bridge, but the university’s landscaping efforts have all but obscured the view.]

Nice shots Bob and a lovely setting. I wish we had more of the covered variety here but they would probably end up covered in graffiti and used for dodgy purposes. It's the main reason I really like to see your versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom