CS #604 - Bridges

Discussion in 'The Collective Shoot' started by warth man, Jun 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This week's subject is "Bridges" - the kind that get us over obstacles, that is. I haven't seen any here for a while and not many in the Café generally yet I know a number of you live near some pretty impressive, even spectacular, ones. I also hope to see more pics of those wonderful enclosed types that you have over there in the USA. I don't think I need to post examples but I will just put up this one. It was "the bridge" at Pooley Bridge at the northern end of Ullswater but it is no more, having been destroyed by the heavy floods of a couple of years ago.

23692578766_f6de0ba0f0_h. Pooley Bridge by warth man, on Flickr

Usual rules apply - up to three pics per post and all to be taken over the next week. Have fun!

Ron

2. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

As I will be traveling starting tomorrow, there will be many bridges that I'll be crossing on my way to my destination. I'll make sure to stop at a few to get some shots! Love the theme, Warthman!

3. That would be great Lyndee. I look forward to seeing them, especially if you come across any of those "Bridges of Madison County" types. Enjoy your travels.

4. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    Great theme warth man! Now I just have to find time to get out and shoot! :)

5. Thanks Paul. I know you usually manage to do so, and creatively too.

6. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Quick snap from today.
    Under the Bridge (1).JPG

7. That looks pretty substantial West and I like the mono treatment. Great start! I should be able to get out and about tomorrow. Around here the bridges are on a much smaller scale.

8. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    This is a pretty ugly connector in an industrial part of town. I think the mob uses the location for body disposal :cool:
    Under the Bridge (2).JPG

9. NEF Said

NEF Said

Aug 22, 2009
    NH, USA
    Looks like a huge pair of overpasses.

Nice close up.

I too, agree with the B&W treatment.

10. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    Victoria Harbor, Vancouver Island, British Columbia

6186F104-FF78-4A13-83BD-4659AEEDA67F.

11. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Down memory lane, Victoria's Blue Bridge ... it's been torn down and replaced just a while ago.

• Wow Wow x 1
  12. Hmmm, so Walter's shot is not CS604 compliant :eek:

13. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    Nice example, Walter, but was it shot during the current CS period?

14. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Sadly, the customary water boarding may be necessary.

15. That's our gig. You guys up north have to figure out your own torment!

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bob Coutant

Bob Coutant Moderator Moderator

May 17, 2005
    Pleasantville Ohio
    A bridge to the future – OUL, the Lancaster branch of Ohio University.

DSC_5855sm.

A bridge from the past – a repurposed and refurbished covered bridge that sits astride a stream behind OUL. [I had hoped to get a better shot of the bridge, but the university’s landscaping efforts have all but obscured the view.]

DSC_4318sm.

17. Walter

Walter

Jan 13, 2006
    Columbia, Maryland
    Walter Rowe
    My apologies. I accept my punishment. :)

18. Just punishment will be a contemporary bridge photo. I've gotta find some too . . . . :rolleyes::D

19. It was a nice pic anyway Walter. Looking forward to at least three replacements! :)

20. Nice shots Bob and a lovely setting. I wish we had more of the covered variety here but they would probably end up covered in graffiti and used for dodgy purposes. It's the main reason I really like to see your versions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.