CS #611 - Pic of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning all, wherever you are. This week's theme is wide open as to subject matter. The aim is simply to post a pic from the day that has pleased you in some way, preferably with a note as to why it did. It would be great if everyone could come up with a pic for each day of the coming week but I am aware that people have other demands on their time. Anyway, most of us frequent this site because we enjoy taking pics so we should be able to produce a bunch of new ones in the week ahead. Usual rules apply, the main one being only to post photographs you take during the week ahead. Given the nature of the theme it isn't really necessary to post samples but I will put just one up. It was a lucky shot from a day with unusual cloud conditions during a dog walk last year and a good reminder to me to try to always have a camera with me.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Clouds 2 by warth man, on Flickr

Have fun and let's see what we can come up with!

Ron

Last edited:

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Morning all, wherever you are. This week's theme is wide open as to subject matter. The aim is simply to post a pic from the day that has pleased you in some way, preferably with a note as to why it did. It would be great if everyone could come up with a pic for each day of the coming week but I am aware that people have other demands on their time. Anyway, most of us frequent this site because we enjoy taking pics so we should be able to produce a bunch of new ones in the coming week. Usual rules apply, the main one being only to post photographs you take during the week ahead. Given the nature of the theme it isn't really necessary to post samples but I will put just one up. It was a lucky shot from a day with unusual cloud conditions during a dog walk last year and a good reminder to me to try to always have a camera with me.

View attachment 1618290Clouds 2 by warth man, on Flickr

Have fun and let's see what we can come up with!

Ron
Hi Ron,
it's a great and creative theme.
The clouds in your picture are absolutely stunning. Well shot.

Thank you for hosting this week
Klaus

OK. I'm unlikely to get more so here is my pic from today. D750; Nikon 85mm f1.8G; ISO 200; 1/160 at f10.

Relief by warth man, on Flickr

I chose it because it's topical. We have had very warm, dry conditions for some weeks now and, naturally, the springs higher in the hills dry up first. This farmer is having to cart water to his cows as a result. They had been lying down patiently near the site of where the water trailer had been and as soon as it returned they were at the trough. This is likely to have to continue for some time according to forecasts.

10 am on the patio. Better google "cooking with ice"

It s been a long time since I last visited Rising Park, my favorite photography site in Lancaster. My goal this morning was to find out what was happening. I didn't take long -- the park roads were all closed, and all open space was being set up as parking for the Lancaster Arts Festival (this weekend). No problem -- I swung around and stopped at my favorite Greek restaurant to pick up a Cajun chicken gyro (with feta) and some rice pudding. The quality of the image isn’t that great, but the subject sure made my day.

Took a stroll this afternoon along the boardwalk that borders our little lake, and had fun playing peekaboo with this little guy, who was on someone's deck.....

I may not be able to post each day as it happens, since I am going out of town for a few days, but maybe I can play catchup when I get back.

Beautiful braided horse mane made my day. D90/Nikkor 17-55 f/2.8

It s been a long time since I last visited Rising Park, my favorite photography site in Lancaster. My goal this morning was to find out what was happening. I didn't take long -- the park roads were all closed, and all open space was being set up as parking for the Lancaster Arts Festival (this weekend). No problem -- I swung around and stopped at my favorite Greek restaurant to pick up a Cajun chicken gyro (with feta) and some rice pudding. The quality of the image isn’t that great, but the subject sure made my day.

Looks better than the average fast food Bob. Thanks for "chipping" in!

Took a stroll this afternoon along the boardwalk that borders our little lake, and had fun playing peekaboo with this little guy, who was on someone's deck.....

View attachment 1618299

I may not be able to post each day as it happens, since I am going out of town for a few days, but maybe I can play catchup when I get back.
Nice one Connie. Good opportunity shot, taken well.

These will be my contribution for today. My wife and I, both retired, and now on vacation for a few days (can't get much better than that!) visiting our daughter in Boise. Normally, well about 95% of the time I do al the cooking and prep. Well, today, the women tok over. Daughter Monica (a good cook too) cooked, wife Ella, helped prep (here grating a sweet potato). Veg frittata with a sweet potato hash "crust".

Was it any good? See for yourself . . .

Both with my new 16-35. The first accidentally shot on 1.2 crop.

Last edited:
Nice one Connie. Good opportunity shot, taken well.
Thanks, Warth Man! We have a lot of squirrels around here, but most of the time they are in and around the trees on the common grounds area, not on the boardwalk and people's decks. I was alerted when I spotted a couple of squirrels jumping down from the deck so when I got to it, took a look and lo and behold! :) I think the attraction was the seeds or whatever that is scattered all over the deck floor.

This is from yesterday, as today I've been busy getting ready for a short trip out of town so no time for shooting, but it continues the squirrel theme. This little guy was running ahead of me on the boardwalk, then jumped up on the ropes that serve as a "fence" to keep people from falling into the lake. I stayed where I was and among others, took this shot:

These will be my contribution for today. My wife and I, both retired, and now on vacation for a few days (can't get much better than that!) visiting our daughter in Boise. Normally, well about 95% of the time I do al the cooking and prep. Well, today, the women tok over. Daughter Monica (a good cook too) cooked, wife Ella, helped prep (here grating a sweet potato). Veg frittata with a sweet potato hash "crust".

View attachment 1618336
Was it any good? See for yourself . . .
View attachment 1618337

Both with my new 16-35. The first accidentally shot on 1.2 crop.

My word Nick, that looks wonderful. I note that you are knuckling down to retirement in exactly the right fashion! Keep 'em coming, and thanks. The 16-35 is one of my favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom