Not open for further replies.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
:confused:
Lyndee Loo here with the flu,
I'm down and out and I'm feeling blue,
With so many pains and so many aches,
Why, I can hardly see or even think straight!
So, while I rest to regain my power,
I'd like y'all to take shots of pretty FLOWERS!

I know this is a repeat subject, but I don't think we've done it this year. I would have been more creative, but I'm too out of it to think of anything else. Besides, everyone does such a fabulous job with photographing flowers, that I wouldn't mind seeing more of them!

The usual rules apply and here's a few examples to get you going:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

The challenge goes until 11:59 Wednesday, August 8th.

In the meantime, back to bed I go... :dead:

Have fun!​

One of my neighbors has a mix of red and white hibiscus -- unfortunately. the reds are well past their prime. I hope this white one helps you feel better. [shot from road]

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
One of my neighbors has a mix of red and white hibiscus -- unfortunately. the reds are well past their prime. I hope this white one helps you feel better. [shot from road]

I love hibiscus! They're so delicate and beautiful and this no exception. I especially love the white ones, so this is a special treat. Thank you, Bob - well done!

Hi Lyndee! Great examples for an interesting redux theme.

I'm not much into floral photography, but I'll give it a shot (sic) as I'm hankering to get back into shooting from my elbow surgery. Will see the doctor today, to see if I can start lifting things more than 2-3 lbs (my D750 w/50mm is just over 3 lbs), but I need some prodding to get out and shoot anyway.

I guess it'll give me a chance to play with the tubes I had acquired earlier in the year. :)

How about a few used-to-be flowers? There's not a lot blooming in my local park right now.

Larry

Chokecherry, Prunus virginiana

Smooth sumac, Rhus glabra

Red-osier dogwood, Cornus stolonifera

I love hibiscus, too! Last weekend I shot a couple of gorgeous ones that were in the hotel's lovely little courtyard....but alas, that was last week. If I can drag myself away from post-processing all the images I shot over the weekend, I will get out there with the camera again and find a nice flower or two for you, Lyndee!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Hi Lyndee! Great examples for an interesting redux theme.

I'm not much into floral photography, but I'll give it a shot (sic) as I'm hankering to get back into shooting from my elbow surgery. Will see the doctor today, to see if I can start lifting things more than 2-3 lbs (my D750 w/50mm is just over 3 lbs), but I need some prodding to get out and shoot anyway.

I guess it'll give me a chance to play with the tubes I had acquired earlier in the year. :)
How about joining me on the porch while you heal up? I don't want you damaging your elbow just to take a photo! Hope you've recovered well! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom