CS #615 - Watercraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I figured the topic of watercraft would make for an interesting CS.

Watercraft is defined (from Wikipedia) as, water-borne vehicles including ships, boats, hovercraft, and submarines. Watercraft usually have a propulsive capability (whether by sail, oar or engine) and hence are distinct from a simple device that merely floats like a log raft.

Here are some examples:

1. Wee sailboat with a great name:
29105094632_898cc7af34_c.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Old floating museum in my hometown - last of the Tribal Class DD from WWII (HMCS Haida).
33967020580_501594c22b_c.jpg

3. Paddling up at Scout Camp
35693623251_fafd94523a_c.jpg

This is an interesting idea for a CS, but not everyone lives close enough to easily get to a body of water where there are watercraft available to shoot and with the restrictions inherent in the CS that images must be shot within the week’s timeframe and such, this could be a bit of a problem..... Just saying.....

Oh I can think of a few ideas . . just have to un-lazy myself and go shoot :D:eek::cool:

I live on a small body of water but we don’t usually have watercraft on it except when the crew comes around on their small boat to clean junk out of the lake, and I also live not far from a couple of marinas to which it is a fairly easy and not lengthy drive.....and since I am a “lady of leisure” and not working I can go at any time to seek out boats or whatever to shoot, but my point is that not everyone has easy access to bodies of water with watercraft and/or not everyone has a lot of time to make a special excursion to the nearest source of such in order to shoot. We who are retired have it easy, but someone who is still working during the week and who has limited time may have real challenges. I think that this is one reason some of the Collective Shoots have not been well-populated.

Sorry, Polar, this just happened to come along at a time when I was already thinking about the CS and why there hasn’t been a lot of activity during some weeks (my own lack of participation being a factor, too, of course)..... The thread on the CS in general is the better place to discuss this, of course. Looking forward to seeing the images which are shared this week, and yes, I will try to add my own as well! :)

This is an interesting idea for a CS, but not everyone lives close enough to easily get to a body of water where there are watercraft available to shoot and with the restrictions inherent in the CS that images must be shot within the week’s timeframe and such, this could be a bit of a problem..... Just saying.....

i have several sinks and tubs at home i guess i can fInd some watercraft small enough and shoot some pictures ... you dont need big body of water to participate to this CS

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Well I figured the topic of watercraft would make for an interesting CS.

Watercraft is defined (from Wikipedia) as, water-borne vehicles including ships, boats, hovercraft, and submarines. Watercraft usually have a propulsive capability (whether by sail, oar or engine) and hence are distinct from a simple device that merely floats like a log raft.

Here are some examples:

1. Wee sailboat with a great name:
View attachment 1620062

2. Old floating museum in my hometown - last of the Tribal Class DD from WWII (HMCS Haida).
View attachment 1620063

3. Paddling up at Scout Camp
View attachment 1620064
Great CS Ron.
Oh, how I love the lines and shape of the Tribal-class destroyers.
I know they had a major role in WWII and suffered incredible losses.

Thank you for showing
Klaus

Real Name
Bryan Thornton
A couple of shots of a rather Heath Robinson looking floating café, taken from the side you're not meant to see...
20180823T144723-0.jpg

20180823T144941-0.jpg

and ... a small hire craft waiting patiently for a punter to take it out for a day or two.
20180823T150340-0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom