CS #620 - Clothes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting Thursday 27th

Love them or hate them, gotta wear them, or you will make the 6 o'clock news getting chased by a police dog.

** all the usual fine print applies
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Was helping out with bird banding this morning for two audiences of elementary school kids. This little MacGillivray's Warbler (female, I think) was certainly sporting much better togs than I was.:D

My work clothes. After a job and after switching into new work clothes. We had a clogged shute under a tubepress filter, an hydrolyc oil leak, a couple of feed hoses clogged etc. So I got a bit dirty :eek:
Edit, I'm not in the habit of having my pix taken by other men in the changing room, so, selfie...
Untitled by Harold, on Flickr
And some clean clothes. Shoes were still wet from hosing everything down.
As a bonus a Pano from the top of our part of the plant. There are some higher parts like the chimney (65m 213feet). I was at 30-ish meter.

My work clothes. After a job and after switching into new work clothes. We had a clogged shute under a tubepress filter, an hydrolyc oil leak, a couple of feed hoses clogged etc. So I got a bit dirty :eek:
Edit, I'm not in the habit of having my pix taken by other men in the changing room, so, selfie...
View attachment 1622941Untitled by Harold, on Flickr
And some clean clothes. Shoes were still wet from hosing everything down.
View attachment 1622942Untitled by Harold, on Flickr
As a bonus a Pano from the top of our part of the plant. There are some higher parts like the chimney (65m 213feet). I was at 30-ish meter.
View attachment 1622943Untitled by Harold, on Flickr
Very nice set Harold. Reminds me of that TV show in the U.S. “Dirty Jobs”. The skyline is very cool!

Yeah Mike Rowe could get dirty at our plant, in the electrolyzing cells where we form the zinc at the kathodes, a magnanese dioxide deposit is formed on the anodes and also the walls and bottom of the cells. When they remove that, with high pressure water guns and a vacuum-hose to remove the sludge, the workers are dark brown from their shoes to top of their helmet. That would stain your skin for days, if you'd not be protected by suitable clothes i.e. plastic coveralls.
The yellow on my 'suit' is mostly iron residu with other trace metals from our department.
The sky was on fire for a couple of days. I was a bit to late to get the full effect, had to be there to read some instruments, Delta P over a dust filter (yeah it's 2018 and no remote read-out, I know...).

Several of us went to the Deerfield Fair today. Besides tons of farm animals, tractor pulls, horse riding competitions, there was a show at the main stage with the Flying Wallendas, a circus act, known for their high wire work.

I couldn't get a great seat, and could get close enough for the lens I had with me, but I tried to get a few shots of the costumes...

This clown actually climbed inside of this balloon and was quite funny. They had a guy dressed as a pirate, videoing all the acts with an iPad (in foreground).

One of the seventh generation Wallendas hanging by her foot during her performance. Quite the costume.

An amazingly limber girl doing acrobatic dancing (at one point she leaned back and grabbed her feet with her hands).

The elder Wallenda, getting into position to sit on the chair, which is resting on the high-wire. His son is in the background, daughter hidden behind him on a platform, and daughter in-law in the foreground. Later, they did a three person pyramid, with the one girl doing a hand stand. I couldn't get a good shot from where I was.

Varied styles on a panel:

Several of us went to the Deerfield Fair today. Besides tons of farm animals, tractor pulls, horse riding competitions, there was a show at the main stage with the Flying Wallendas, a circus act, known for their high wire work.

I couldn't get a great seat, and could get close enough for the lens I had with me, but I tried to get a few shots of the costumes...

View attachment 1622991
This clown actually climbed inside of this balloon and was quite funny. They had a guy dressed as a pirate, videoing all the acts with an iPad (in foreground).

View attachment 1622992
One of the seventh generation Wallendas hanging by her foot during her performance. Quite the costume.

View attachment 1622993
An amazingly limber girl doing acrobatic dancing (at one point she leaned back and grabbed her feet with her hands).

View attachment 1622994
The elder Wallenda, getting into position to sit on the chair, which is resting on the high-wire. His son is in the background, daughter hidden behind him on a platform, and daughter in-law in the foreground. Later, they did a three person pyramid, with the one girl doing a hand stand. I couldn't get a good shot from where I was.
Crazy family, wonder what they do for excitement :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom