CS #624 - Kitchen accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is it?

Larry
A Zoodle maker. My wife puts in a zuchini (for example), and turns the crank and it makes thin, flat noodles, that can then be cooked, covered with tomato sauce, and served with parmesan cheese and meatballs.

A Zoodle maker. My wife puts in a zuchini (for example), and turns the crank and it makes thin, flat noodles, that can then be cooked, covered with tomato sauce, and served with parmesan cheese and meatballs.
Thanks. It's something I've not run into. Substitute pasta for the zuchini and I'm all in!

Larry

Well my friends,
everyone needs them to prepare breakfast, lunch, dinner or midnight snacks...
Please show your kitchen tools or accessories.

Kind regards
Klaus
Probably our new favorite appliance - The Joule Sous Vide. Perfect steaks every time and Pork Chops are to die for, always perfectly done and nice and juicy.
Purchased last fall and have been surprised just how often it gets used. Even travel with it when visiting relatives, as it can be used in any deep pot. Last week did a Picanha and the fat was so tender it melted in your mouth like butter. Have cooked everything from chicken, fish, pork, and beef. Eggs benedict really simple cook right in the shell and at the same time just add the Hollandaise ingredients in another bag. Once ready just give the sauce a quick wisk, crack the eggs and slide out onto a toasted English muffin with a slice of canadian bacon and pour over the sauce.

Have two NY Strips in the bags seasoned with salt and pepper, once internal temp hits 129 for Med rare will pull out and quickly sear for about a minute in a hot pan basting with melted butter. So good and so simple.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

A much-used appliance in our kitchen

Probably our new favorite appliance - The Joule Sous Vis. Perfect steaks every time and Pork Chops are to die for, always perfectly done and nice and juicy.
Purchased last fall and have been surprised just how often it gets used. Even travel with it when visiting relatives, as it can be used in any deep pot. Last week did a Picanha and the fat was so tender it melted in your mouth like butter. Have cooked everything from chicken, fish, pork, and beef. Eggs benedict really simple cook right in the shell and at the same time just add the Hollandaise ingredients in another bag. Once ready just give the sauce a quick wisk, crack the eggs and slide out onto a toasted English muffin with a slice of canadian bacon and pour over the sauce.

Have two NY Strips in the bags seasoned with salt and pepper, once internal temp hits 129 for Med rare will pull out and quickly sear for about a minute in a hot pan basting with melted butter. So good and so simple.

View attachment 1624992
Cool. My brother just showed us his and it is really neat.

I have one but usually roll them out by hand. I should try it again.
You should. Mrs. T. has made all of our pasta that way for over 30 years:

As you may have detected, she uses whole wheat flour.

Even though most people wouldn't call these kitchen utensils or accessories, I can't imagine getting by while making a supper without also sipping a glass of wine throughout the preparations. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 1624893

I prefer these stoppers for unfinished bottles:

Real Name
Walter Rowe
Smoked Gouda in a fall day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom