CS #624 - Kitchen accessories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does she grind her own flour? If so, what kind of wheat does she use for pasta. That pasta drying rack is great. I just spread mine out on some towels. I think I need a rack like that!!

No, she certainly doesn't grind her own flour! She actually uses two cups of general purpose flour blended with one cup of whole wheat, and she uses a Cuisinart machine to make the dough and do the initial mixing.

The pasta drying rack is very helpful, but be sure to put something under it to catch the pasta as it dries. Those flat noodles often break in two as they dry.

For someone like me who doesn't really cook, this has been a most interesting and educational thread! Love the pasta maker and drying rack! I love pasta and I can imagine that freshly-made pasta is so much better tasting (and healthier) than picking up a box of whatever at the grocery store! I'd heard of zucchini being made into noodles but wasn't sure how it is done.....how cool is that!

That Joule Sous Vide is something which is something totally new to me and I had to look it up on Google to get a better idea of what it is and what it is supposed to do. What a clever idea and I can imagine that foods prepared this way are really delicious.

No, she certainly doesn't grind her own flour! She actually uses two cups of general purpose flour blended with one cup of whole wheat, and she uses a Cuisinart machine to make the dough and do the initial mixing.

The pasta drying rack is very helpful, but be sure to put something under it to catch the pasta as it dries. Those flat noodles often break in two as they dry.
I actually have a wheat grinder. I used to use hard red wheat, but hard white wheat makes a better flour for bread. Maybe someday I'll grind some fresh wheat and use it in noodles. I haven't made bread for a while. Now that cold weather is coming I'll be more likely to do it. I definitely don't like heating up the house to make bread in the summer. Your wife's noodles look delicious.

Thanks for hosting Klaus. I was so busy with work and the Oktoberfest, I didn't get time to submit much for this CS :( Too bad, as my wife has a bunch of interesting kitchen tools (she used to sell Pampered Chef stuff years ago).

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Thank you my friends for participating this CS.

Will someone please host the next one?

Thank you in advance
Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom