CS #625 - Fun and Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you do when you're in the mood to just have fun? What types of games do you enjoy? Grab your cameras and show us examples of either of these! The usual rules apply: no more than 3 images per post; shots taken between 12:01 a.m. today and 11:59 p.m. next Wednesday in your local time; family-friendly, etc. A few examples follow.

Perhaps you enjoy going for a bicycle ride:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Or just getting out away from it all:

Or you might favor board games or card games:

Looking forward to seeing examples of your pastimes!

Well you know what to expect from me. My favorite way to have fun is to go for a walk in the woods and take pictures!

The Kayak and fishing gear has been put away for the Winter, now its time to plan my Winter Sport itinerary. Coming up ... Callaghan Valley

What do you do when you're in the mood to just have fun? What types of games do you enjoy? Grab your cameras and show us examples of either of these! The usual rules apply: no more than 3 images per post; shots taken between 12:01 a.m. today and 11:59 p.m. next Wednesday in your local time; family-friendly, etc. A few examples follow.

View attachment 1625384

View attachment 1625385

View attachment 1625386

That's a nice-looking teardrop. (y)

I'll see if I can come up with something this week.

View attachment 1625384

View attachment 1625385

View attachment 1625386

Cool theme and nice examples. Is that last playing card the back of the card, or is that an ace of clubs?

The Kayak and fishing gear has been put away for the Winter, now its time to plan my Winter Sport itinerary. Coming up ... Callaghan Valley
View attachment 1625490
Looks interesting - never tried snowshoeing (used to do XC skiing, before my wife had hip issues, and my skiing friend moved far away). Looks like you have lots of trails and a wide variety of levels too.

Sometimes rowing can look like fun:

1. Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3. Other times, not so much:

4. Mostly it seems to convey an air of determination:

Cool theme and nice examples. Is that last playing card the back of the card, or is that an ace of clubs?
Hey Paul - I was trying to make an amusing shot with that poker snap years ago. I believe that the last is from an ancient Tarot card deck, and that it is the ace of "wands", a precursor to our common suits of "clubs". Hope to have some contributions from you this week!;)

Hey Paul - I was trying to make an amusing shot with that poker snap years ago. I believe that the last is from an ancient Tarot card deck, and that it is the ace of "wands", a precursor to our common suits of "clubs". Hope to have some contributions from you this week!;)
Cool! I hope I can get some time this week. Gonna be tough though. Extremely busy at work, and being web-master for a local car club chapter and having on-line voting starting this week, I'm up to my eyeballs with things going on (was tied up all weekend, which is usually the time I get for taking pictures :( ).

Will see how things go... at least I can squeak out some time to see what people post...

Many times my idea of having fun involves simply getting an idea for a photo and then spending some time experimenting to see what happens.... I usually get totally absorbed in this and somehow time just sort of disappears while I'm all wrapped up in whatever it is I'm trying out. I can easily spend an hour or more on just one subject as I explore the different ways of approaching it. Sometimes inspiration doesn't come -- it's not something which can be forced -- and I have learned that when I've got some time and when an idea pops into my head, that it's a good thing to take advantage of this and of course a great way to have some fun and let the world and all its problems just go away for a while. Case in point: this afternoon all of a sudden I started thinking about something I'd like to shoot and experiment with, and then realized, hey, no time like the present.....

(Had to delete and replace the image as i realized I'd posted the wrong one! LOL!)

Last edited:
View attachment 1625596

Many times my idea of having fun involves simply getting an idea for a photo and then spending some time experimenting to see what happens.... I usually get totally absorbed in this and somehow time just sort of disappears while I'm all wrapped up in whatever it is I'm trying out. I can easily spend an hour or more on just one subject as I explore the different ways of approaching it. Sometimes inspiration doesn't come -- it's not something which can be forced -- and I have learned that when I've got some time and when an idea pops into my head, that it's a good thing to take advantage of this and of course a great way to have some fun and let the world and all its problems just go away for a while. Case in point: this afternoon all of a sudden I started thinking about something I'd like to shoot and experiment with, and then realized, hey, no time like the present.....

(Had to delete and replace the image as i realized I'd posted the wrong one! LOL!)
Hey Connie! - *always* so good to see you and your thoughtful shots in a CS. Especially when I'm "in charge" of one . . .;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom