CS #626 - Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Duck Duck - Blue!
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just a paperweight. Too cold and wet for much outdoor photography today.

View attachment 1626355Untitled by Harold, on Flickr
I'll prolly use the wrong name, a portable lathe. They were cutting the sealing edges of this heat exchanger, the shiny outer circle. Pneumatic drive. Lot's of measuring and re-setting to get it totally flat.
Looks like a classic shell-and-tube heat exchanger. Nicely photographed.

(Back in the day I taught the theory of those exchangers.)

Yeah, we heat up slurry coming from the underflow of a thickener, mixed with acid for the next step of our process. We have 3 of these and then some spiral plate ones. These do break often, the heaviest residue in the slurry is like blasting grit. That, 90C and 40 gram/liter acid does a lot of damage over time.

had no idea the "blue" had to be this time of year. I always screw these things up, I'll just stay out of them.
" The usual rules apply: no more than 3 images per post; shots taken between 12:01 a.m. today and 11:59 p.m. next Wednesday in your local time;"

The idea is to get people to go out and take pictures. But please don't stay out, we welcome your contributions! Just GO out and take some fresh pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom