CS #628 - Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Nick: even though I don't have the luxury of Bohdan Bob's backyard vantage point :eek: :D, I wanted to toss in a snap for your CS, so here goes. We had a brief round of snow and graupel coming down this afternoon and I noticed that "our" Gambel's Quail were happy to pick up a few seeds underneath our feeders.

View attachment 1627189
Good shooting... you froze the graupel!

Twenty five years ago my wife and I had a stained glass window made for the octagonal window of the first floor half bathroom of our new house. It was held in place by copper brackets and copper screws. Three years ago we had new vinyl windows installed in the whole house and that included an octagonal window of the exact same size for the half bathroom but I never thought about not being able to screw the stained glass window into the vinyl. I miss seeing that window.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Twenty five years ago my wife and I had a stained glass window made for the octagonal window of the first floor half bathroom of our new house. It was held in place by copper brackets and copper screws. Three years ago we had new vinyl windows installed in the whole house and that included an octagonal window of the exact same size for the half bathroom but I never thought about not being able to screw the stained glass window into the vinyl. I miss seeing that window.
View attachment 1627194
View attachment 1627195
Really nice stained glass Dave.

Sheers...

I was at my daughter's and her boyfriend's house today. It's an 1890s home (or older, there are some discrepancies in the records), with original windows flanking the front door:

View attachment 1626964
I really like this shot Paul. There are still lots of houses in the UK with windows like this but not as well decorated for the festives. Looks like your daughter already has the Christmas weather outside.

Hey Nick: even though I don't have the luxury of Bohdan Bob's backyard vantage point :eek: :D, I wanted to toss in a snap for your CS, so here goes. We had a brief round of snow and graupel coming down this afternoon and I noticed that "our" Gambel's Quail were happy to pick up a few seeds underneath our feeders.

View attachment 1627189
I had never heard of graupel until now. Interesting.

View attachment 1627194
View attachment 1627195
Very nice Dave. Those windows are still worth hanging onto.

I really like this shot Paul. There are still lots of houses in the UK with windows like this but not as well decorated for the festives. Looks like your daughter already has the Christmas weather outside.
Yes, we both are getting a ton of snow and cold, which is VERY unseasonable for this area. I cannot remember a time when we had this much snow (got 7.5” in one storm), before Thanksgiving. Usually only get a dusting. Plus temps in the single digits too.

Some windows are just to let light through...

1. Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3. Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

4. Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yes, we both are getting a ton of snow and cold, which is VERY unseasonable for this area. I cannot remember a time when we had this much snow (got 7.5” in one storm), before Thanksgiving. Usually only get a dusting. Plus temps in the single digits too.
7. 5 ?? thats just a dusting :ROFLMAO:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom