CS #630 - Free theme

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess these fit. Just in the nick of time :rolleyes:

A cousin recently sent us this picture of our grandfather, taken in the 1950's in Saffron Walden, UK.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It set my mind in motion:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Obviously I haven't quite developed his scowl, don't own black clothes (he was a train guard on the British Railroads), and don't smoke a pipe. But it is obvious where I get my love of beer from! That's my wireless remote in my left hand. A grided softbox to my right and above, a reflector lower left on the table, and a grided flash aimed at the back wall.

A cousin recently sent us this picture of our grandfather, taken in the 1950's in Saffron Walden, UK.
View attachment 1628154

View attachment 1628153

Obviously I haven't quite developed his scowl, don't own black clothes (he was a train guard on the British Railroads), and don't smoke a pipe. But it is obvious where I get my love of beer from! That's my wireless remote in my left hand. A grided softbox to my right and above, a reflector lower left on the table, and a grided flash aimed at the back wall.
You look a lot less of a curmudgeon:). Well done.

Larry

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus

View attachment 1628154

View attachment 1628153

:wideyed::wideyed::wideyed:
Wow!
You celebrate your family tradition, Nick.

The two pictures are a wonderful idea.
Klaus

View attachment 1628154

View attachment 1628153

Really great idea and superb execution!

Thanks for hosting Klaus! I'm hoping to be able to participate more over the next few weeks, as I get past the on-boarding process/training for my new job (accepted a position internally, last week, so don't have to go out job hunting).

Congratulations on the new position, Paul! Such a relief not to have to worry any further about your employment situation, eh?
Yeah, my last day was to be Dec 7th (Pearl Harbor Day). Got an offer late on Dec 4th, and accepted on the 5th. Really close to the wire.

Something else for us to celebrate--congrats! (y)
Yeah, not all... my daughter had an ultrasound on the 4th (yes that was doubly a good day), and found out that she will be having a boy. My wife has been buying baby clothes for Christmas, like crazy.

I'll have something to take pictures of, in early April...

View attachment 1628154

View attachment 1628153

I'll echo what your handsome ancestor might have once said by saying "Brilliant!".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom