CS# 631 - Favorites

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Paul
Just as I mentioned that my mom doesn't make chocolate chip cookies, and my wife had not made any yet... I could smell cookies backing. Checking, and sure enough...
cs-631-2742.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mmm! Warm, just out of the oven... I had to break my desserts on weekends only rule for this case. I'm mean, quality control is very, very, important to me, and I wanted to make sure that my wife was not making sub-par cookies! :)

Just as I mentioned that my mom doesn't make chocolate chip cookies, and my wife had not made any yet... I could smell cookies backing. Checking, and sure enough...
cs-631-2742.jpg

Mmm! Warm, just out of the oven... I had to break my desserts on weekends only rule for this case. I'm mean, quality control is very, very, important to me, and I wanted to make sure that my wife was not making sub-par cookies! :)
Those look good. I was wondering when you mentioned not having any why you didn't make them yourself.

Larry

Close-up and a bit of true macro (1:1) is my favourite type of photogrpahy so it makes sense that the lenses used for that are my favourites. Here's a family portrait. The distant cousin is a Lester Dine/Kiron 105mm f2.8 which I bought to try out because of its cult following. The 300 f4 is on a PN-11 extension tube which gets a 1:1.8 reproduction ratio with a long working distance good for large dragonflies and butterflies. The only one bought new is the 55mm f3.5 which was my "normal" lens from '77 on. If anyone want to gift me a Voigtlander 125mm f2.5 macro Apo-Lanthar to join the family, yu can reach me here :).

Larry

family portrait.jpg

Real Name
Paul
Those look good. I was wondering when you mentioned not having any why you didn't make them yourself.

Larry
Yeah, I could, but they are high in carbs, so I try not to indulge myself.

This way, I'm limited on carbs by what treats are available, and by trying to use will-power to only have a single dessert on Saturday and a single dessert on Sunday - none during the week (unless it is a special event - birthday, anniversary).

Also, because of the restrictions I chose, I won't waste my "allowance" on desserts that I'm not crazy about. If I'm going to pay the price, I want something I really like. So, someone gives me white chocolate (an oxymoron), I give it back or to my family. Odd huh?

Real Name
Paul
Close-up and a bit of true macro (1:1) is my favourite type of photogrpahy so it makes sense that the lenses used for that are my favourites. Here's a family portrait. The distant cousin is a Lester Dine/Kiron 105mm f2.8 which I bought to try out because of its cult following. The 300 f4 is on a PN-11 extension tube which gets a 1:1.8 reproduction ratio with a long working distance good for large dragonflies and butterflies. The only one bought new is the 55mm f3.5 which was my "normal" lens from '77 on. If anyone want to gift me a Voigtlander 125mm f2.5 macro Apo-Lanthar to join the family, yu can reach me here :).

Larry

View attachment 1628581
Very nice group of lenses! I don't have any macro lenses, but I did get tubes after reading about others here using them (darn drug pushers trying to get me hooked :)). I've played with them some and have really enjoyed the close up shots (though focusing is really hard).

cs-631-2742.jpg

Good call on the QC check. :D

Larry

View attachment 1628581

Wow. Nice set of lenses there Larry! (y)

Since May this year my partner and I have been travelling through Canada, the USA, Fiji and New Zealand. This shot it not only one of my favourite shots of this year but also of one of my favourite places we have visited on our adventure. Taken in Canyonlands National Park, Utah whilst we stood in awe of the stunning landscape and approaching storm.

41671707010_23befe8c71_h.jpg
Canyonlands Dust Storm by mk tdg, on Flickr

Since May this year my partner and I have been travelling through Canada, the USA, Fiji and New Zealand. This shot it not only one of my favourite shots of this year but also of one of my favourite places we have visited on our adventure. Taken in Canyonlands National Park, Utah whilst we stood in awe of the stunning landscape and approaching storm.

View attachment 1628604 Canyonlands Dust Storm by mk tdg, on Flickr

Beautiful shot. Went backpacking through Island In The Sky District back in the late 80's - quite a hike, awesome scenery. Enjoy your travels!

My favorite new Town Home in East Tennessee:

Sw7dvnwItDtXkOkVFJtTOA2k3FKhgiTS0OuoQqgLrVPHa1EGMbjmAs3yaufwL7CC5BHu1s511Kbky3up9x=w1080-h800-no.jpg

Pad laid out and marked for framing. Left for a walk and came back and hour and a
half later finding this:

gc7uTp5VQGm718rtvDpCivp_52s-pJ2-Veuj_ekkCy9HpXQE0tQ3N14DcDP1kjSU_8WV2XHzt1PkJUKUQ3=w1024-h800-no.jpg

It is almost completed!!! That is my dining room, btw.

Sorry about the slight purple cast, no time for "Photo Butcher."

My favorite shoes. I currently own four pair of Red Wing boots. I wear them to work. I wear them to church. I wear them out taking photos. I wear them on my motorcycle. The only shoes not made by Red Wing I have purchased in years are the shoes I wear to the gym. This pair is my most often worn daily boots. I only buy the made in America Red Wings. Unfortunately, many no longer are. But the customer service is great and so are the boots. Years ago I was having foot problems. I ended up at the podiatrist, who sold me custom orthotics for about $400 after my insurance paid their part. I started buying Red Wing boots and I no longer need custom orthotics.

fullsizeoutput_15f96.jpeg

My favorite shoes. I currently own four pair of Red Wing boots. I wear them to work. I wear them to church. I wear them out taking photos. I wear them on my motorcycle. The only shoes not made by Red Wing I have purchased in years are the shoes I wear to the gym. This pair is my most often worn daily boots. I only buy the made in America Red Wings. Unfortunately, many no longer are. But the customer service is great and so are the boots. Years ago I was having foot problems. I ended up at the podiatrist, who sold me custom orthotics for about $400 after my insurance paid their part. I started buying Red Wing boots and I no longer need custom orthotics.

View attachment 1628660
Quite the testimonial and a good looking pair of boots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom