Status
Not open for further replies.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
I'm guilty!
We have forgotten the 50/50-meme...

So this CS will be kind of compensation.
Here are the rules: Rules - 50/50-Meme. Just the part of the lenses...

Winter examples:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Kind regards
Klaus

OK. This is for me. I have been neglecting my 50; took it to Belgium and only 3 or 4 of the 600 pictures were made with it.

Unless already spoken for, I will be delighted to host CS #634 Next week.

Since I’ve had my 50mm on for the past week, I guess I could take more shots with it. :) Of course I’ve spent the last days and a half replacing a dead router (I’m giving a meshbsetup a try), reconfiguring my network, recovering a server that was in the middle of an OS update when the router failed, and reimagine another server where the hard drive was starting to fail. When it rains, it pours...

I'll be in lurker mode and will just enjoy the images.

The first and only 50mm lens I owned was way back in 1982 when I purchased a Pentax ME Super (first camera).
Then in 1985 I went to college and was minoring in photojournalism. One of the first rules that was pounded in my head is to never use a 50mm lens as it was close to a person's viewpoint and was too normal.

The rule has made a lasting impression and I never purchased another one. Even when I switched to medium and large format, as well as all my digital kits over the years.

Besides, its too cold for me to go outdoors and shoot (at least that's my excuse)

For as long as I can remember, my wife has always completed a puzzle or 2 over Christmas. In recent years, she's taken to working puzzles all months of the year (I think it was after the kids left home). Usually it's on a card table or the coffee table, (or the dining room table when I'm gone) but now she takes control of the kitchen table because the overhead light helps her focus and we can still eat in the dining room. The corner of the kitchen is not the best place to shoot, especially since I was trying to capture the focus afforded by the overhead warehouse light. I was enamored to be shooting wide open (1.8) with no flash, so focusing and dof is lousy.
It's a National Geographic world map puzzle.

1. Concentration.

2. The set up.

I'll probably have more over the next few days, unless she banishes me for being too generous with my photographic skills :LOL:

I love puzzles. But I am limited to the ones my four year old granddaughter does as she is currently living with us. Perhaps I’ll get to do an adult puzzle again one day.

I love puzzles. But I am limited to the ones my four year old granddaughter does as she is currently living with us. Perhaps I’ll get to do an adult puzzle again one day.
You and me both. Besides, my "help" is typically not appreciated, and I lack the patience and organization. I'm the bull in a china shop type, Ella is organized, methodological and neat!

For as long as I can remember, my wife has always completed a puzzle or 2 over Christmas. In recent years, she's taken to working puzzles all months of the year (I think it was after the kids left home). Usually it's on a card table or the coffee table, (or the dining room table when I'm gone) but now she takes control of the kitchen table because the overhead light helps her focus and we can still eat in the dining room. The corner of the kitchen is not the best place to shoot, especially since I was trying to capture the focus afforded by the overhead warehouse light. I was enamored to be shooting wide open (1.8) with no flash, so focusing and dof is lousy.

1. Concentration.
View attachment 1629289
2. The set up.
View attachment 1629290
I'll probably have more over the next few days, unless she banishes me for being too generous with my photographic skills :LOL:
Just terrific shooting there, Nick. And I'll guess that you and your wife do not share your home with cats.;)

I'm guilty!
We have forgotten the 50/50-meme...

So this CS will be kind of compensation.
Here are the rules: Rules - 50/50-Meme. Just the part of the lenses...

Winter examples:
View attachment 1629208
View attachment 1629209

Kind regards
Klaus
Klaus - loving the frost on the spider web remnants in the first photo.

1. Concentration.
View attachment 1629289
2. The set up.
View attachment 1629290
Nice set - brings back memories. :)

1. Concentration.
View attachment 1629289
2. The set up.
View attachment 1629290
What a nice past time. My mom and brother just finished a very large puzzle over Christmas. They'd work on it every evening. She still had it on a table in her room.

Just terrific shooting there, Nick. And I'll guess that you and your wife do not share your home with cats.;)
That made me really laugh, as we have a cat who loves to jump up on the table, while you're working on a puzzle(or out of the room). My mom had to keep her door closed all the time for weeks on end.

1. Concentration.
View attachment 1629289
2. The set up.
View attachment 1629290
I prefer the first shot - the lamp gets in the way for the second. Nice shot.

I've never liked 50mm perspective. Years ago with film I used 28mm and 105mm and my 55 was a macro I only used for details. I currently have a 50/1.8G, 35/1.8DX, a Zeiss 50/2 and a Voigtlander 58/1.4 and none of them get regular use.

I have always liked my Sigma 50mm 1.4 EX DG lens. This is a shot from somewhere around a foot and a half from the Christmas Cactus and then cropped to include only the blossom.

I prefer the first shot - the lamp gets in the way for the second. Nice shot.

I've never liked 50mm perspective. Years ago with film I used 28mm and 105mm and my 55 was a macro I only used for details. I currently have a 50/1.8G, 35/1.8DX, a Zeiss 50/2 and a Voigtlander 58/1.4 and none of them get regular use.
Thanks Ted. I too like the first one. It's not so much the perspective of the 50 that is a challenge, to me it's the lack of a zoom :rolleyes: The real challenge here is having my wife cooperate! :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom