CS #633 - The forgotten 50/50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every New Year's Eve, my wife has a "junk food" dinner. Usually, Chinese food, snacky type appetizers, etc. This year, it was a bit more healthy...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just a quick shot of the centerpiece on the table (not quite as sharply focused as desired - I was using the LCD display to shoot - something I don't do much) ...

Thanks for resurrecting this theme. I had forgotten how useful the 50mm FOV can be. Here is a snapshot portrait of my granddaughter from yesterday. I had attached the 35 f/1.8 to the D500 in anticipation of participating here so the camera was sitting on my desk when she wandered in and started drawing.

View attachment 1629352
What a beauty she is Doug, and lovingly photographed.

Every New Year's Eve, my wife has a "junk food" dinner. Usually, Chinese food, snacky type appetizers, etc. This year, it was a bit more healthy...

Just a quick shot of the centerpiece on the table (not quite as sharply focused as desired - I was using the LCD display to shoot - something I don't do much) ...

View attachment 1629640
Deliciously shot, Paul. Are you guys open for reservations on New Year's Day???

Don't have a fifty, but wanted to join in for the New Year.
Fortunately, through the miracle of the internet and 2D printing
was able to download a genuine Nikon 50/50 lens.

So here is a shot of it on my camera:

View attachment 1629419

Mod may delete this post if it is not in the spirit of the CS
Either way:
May the New Year bring good times with good friends!
HA! That's one honking' 50mm lens, Ed! Bob would be pleased with your creativity and humor!

A lot of nice snowy pictures here ;)

Yesterday with the D5600 with the good old 35mm DX, thought I'd add some sun and blue sky for those who haven't seen that in a while. Of course it's cold (for Phoenix, anyway) and rainy here today.......

View attachment 1629636
"Phoenix" and "cold" are normally two mutually exclusively terms! Nicely done, Bill . . .

Just a throwaway snap as I was sitting at a window watching the feeding frenzy at our feeders in today's 5" snowfall. House Finches, Dark-eyed Juncos (Oregon race), Lesser Goldfinches, Pine Siskins, Mourning Doves, etc. were all piled up in our little chokecherry tree. Normally, I'd have used a different focal length but mostly I was thinking about our departed Café colleague Bob Coutant, and how he would have known all the names of the genus & species, and etc. etc. etc. I miss him.

Just a throwaway snap as I was sitting at a window watching the feeding frenzy at our feeders in today's 5" snowfall. House Finches, Dark-eyed Juncos (Oregon race), Lesser Goldfinches, Pine Siskins, Mourning Doves, etc. were all piled up in our little chokecherry tree. Normally, I'd have used a different focal length but mostly I was thinking about our departed Café colleague Bob Coutant, and how he would have known all the names of the genus & species, and etc. etc. etc. I miss him.

Yes, we all miss him, those of us who were privileged enough to have been around a long time and to have gotten to know him. This is a huge loss. A sad time for the Cafe, isn't it? I think Bob would like for us to just get out there and keep making photographs, sharing them, talking about what interests us, and why......and in that way he's still here among us, too, cheering us on -- and will always be with us.

Deliciously shot, Paul. Are you guys open for reservations on New Year's Day???
Sure' but you better hurry. Dinner is early at 2pm, with a ham cooked in our smoker (or I guess reheated). My wife always wanted to try smoking a ham. Supposedly, the flavor will be richer. We’ll see...

Food court! :)

Many years ago my son started a tradition of sending flowers to his grandmothers, aunts and his mother for Christmas. This year we are down to just one aunt and my wife but the flowers keep coming:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom