CS #635 - Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a first offering.

1. My wife has a 125 year-old Cable-Nelson upright grand that served 50-75 years as a school/music teacher instrument. It holds its tune well, but visually it shows its age: a finish that, in places, would challenge a crocodile and it's missing several white ivory pieces. Here is an attempt to capture that grittiness.
View attachment 1630325
2. Some of our "homeless keys" on a keyboard :D. Bike locks seem well represented.
View attachment 1630326
3. One inspired by, and dedicated to, Eric.
View attachment 1630327
The keyboard is sheer genius, good thinking.
the piano likewise, surthe beer bottle opener is important in every culture I guess.
there is one on the back of my Discovery :)

Our shed has two locks, both using the same key, and we have probably 4-5 copies of that key. Somehow, though, we are always misplacing that key and having to dig out one of the copies (even dipping into the "cup of keys" :) ).

So, my wife attached a keychain to one of the keys with a symbol of Saint Anthony, who I guess is the patron saint of lost items...

View attachment 1630404
thanks to your wife for inspiration. great contrast and a nice medal

Inspired by me showing her Nick's superb piano photo, the boss uncovered an ancient (and unplayable) mandolin that belonged to a distant relative of hers. I call its appendages tuning *pegs* but I've heard others call them tuning *keys*. At least I think so; but if not, a CS always deserves a stretch or three . . .
View attachment 1630425
Nice mandolin and I do love the modified Quik Lok (I have several). Nice shot.

Inspired by me showing her Nick's superb piano photo, the boss uncovered an ancient (and unplayable) mandolin that belonged to a distant relative of hers. I call its appendages tuning *pegs* but I've heard others call them tuning *keys*. At least I think so; but if not, a CS always deserves a stretch or three . . .
View attachment 1630425
you are right, in Europe they are called keys :) great shot and it deserves a tune-up :)

We multiple cars (and drivers) in our house, and different sets of keys. Rather than have multiple copies for each person, for each car, I have found a key change that can be separated easily. This way, I can mate up one set of keys with a car key, and move it to another car key.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

This shows a set of keys connected to a car key, with a Planet Fitness (exercise place) card on a separate connector that I can swap in and just have the card and my car key and not all the other keys.

Also, if I go to a mechanic, I can decouple the house keys from the car key and give them just the car key.

We multiple cars (and drivers) in our house, and different sets of keys. Rather than have multiple copies for each person, for each car, I have found a key change that can be separated easily. This way, I can mate up one set of keys with a car key, and move it to another car key.

View attachment 1630475
This shows a set of keys connected to a car key, with a Planet Fitness (exercise place) card on a separate connector that I can swap in and just have the card and my car key and not all the other keys.

Also, if I go to a mechanic, I can decouple the house keys from the car key and give them just the car key.
Good thinking. Mine have D shackles to connect a lot of different car keys. I hook it to my belt at work so that I can never lose the keys of the car I work on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom