CS #635 - Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keys are used everywhere. Here in the garage we have woodruff keys.
The most fasciating ones are those that you can't identify any more
old-keys-jpg.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

la clé de Mr Nadaud.jpg

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Thank you Annette for your first adventure in a CS.
You've choosen a very interesting theme.

Kind regards
Klaus

Real Name
Paul
Very cool theme and wonderful examples.

Timeline of keys...
cs-635-2845.jpg

2017 (loaner), 2015, 1995. Even though the newer ones are "keyfobs", they still have physical valet keys built into them.

Real Name
Paul
Very nice shots. I love those old clocks. My mom has one, but it uses weights, and not a key, to wind. It's over 50 years old, and unfortunately this year, has stopped worked. We suspect a broken spring.

Thanks Paul. Me too. This one was, literally as well as nominally, my wife's grandmother's clock. We rescued it after it was damaged in a fire at her granny's house and was going to be thrown into a skip. It took a bit of cleaning and repairing and we have had to get it looked at and adjusted a couple of times following house moves but it is soldiering on nicely. Lovely Westminster chime to this one.

Cool shots. I have a mantle clock that uses a key, but we hardly ever remember to wind it. What is a grandmother clock?

Thank you for the comment. A grandmother clock is a smaller version of a grandfather clock. Ours is very similar to this: Late 19th C. Small Grandfather Or Grandmother Longcase Clock With Mellow Westminster Chimes | 546936 | Sellingantiques.co.uk

Being fire damaged though, ours won't be worth that amount! Actually, I should say that the damage was caused more by smoke and heat than the fire itself, so the case is fine. For some reason a couple of places on the face suffered but the glass and the wood didn't. Odd. Nonetheless, it works fine and keeps good time - as long as I remember to wind it.

Real Name
Paul
Thanks Paul. Me too. This one was, literally as well as nominally, my wife's grandmother's clock. We rescued it after it was damaged in a fire at her granny's house and was going to be thrown into a skip. It took a bit of cleaning and repairing and we have had to get it looked at and adjusted a couple of times following house moves but it is soldiering on nicely. Lovely Westminster chime to this one.
Great that you can rescue it. I think my mom's clock is toast. Too expensive to repair, even if parts could be found. Her's too, had the same chime.

I did git my wife a mantel clock this year for XMAS, and it has several chimes, but we like the Westminister chime the best.

Keys are used everywhere. Here in the garage we have woodruff keys.
The most fasciating ones are those that you can't identify any more
View attachment 1630167

View attachment 1630166
Annette - Thank you for stepping up to host a CS at such an early stage of your Nikon Café "career".:D And for starting things off with such top-notch images - super!

Real Name
Paul
Paul - That is an impressive contribution to Annette's CS. Even more impressive to me are what those keys would fire up!
BMW... X1, M235i, and 325iS. The X1 is a loaner, while my M235i is having some warranty work done (small oil leak that has gotten onto coolant hoses, which now need to be replaced too).

Lots of gadgets on the X1, with backup camera, lane change warning, navigation, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom