CS #635 - Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a first offering.

1. My wife has a 125 year-old Cable-Nelson upright grand that served 50-75 years as a school/music teacher instrument. It holds its tune well, but visually it shows its age: a finish that, in places, would challenge a crocodile and it's missing several white ivory pieces. Here is an attempt to capture that grittiness.
View attachment 1630325
2. Some of our "homeless keys" on a keyboard :D. Bike locks seem well represented.
View attachment 1630326
3. One inspired by, and dedicated to, Eric.
View attachment 1630327
Love the first one especially. Very creative!

Here's a first offering.

1. My wife has a 125 year-old Cable-Nelson upright grand that served 50-75 years as a school/music teacher instrument. It holds its tune well, but visually it shows its age: a finish that, in places, would challenge a crocodile and it's missing several white ivory pieces. Here is an attempt to capture that grittiness.
View attachment 1630325
2. Some of our "homeless keys" on a keyboard :D. Bike locks seem well represented.
View attachment 1630326
View attachment 1630327
I can think of others around this place that also show their age - myself included certainly! Expressive shot of that centenarian keyboard - I'll bet that it still rocks in the right hands. And, I'm now longing for an ODells IPA, but will use that church key to pop open a bottle of Sierra Nevada.:D

I can think of others around this place that also show their age - myself included certainly! Expressive shot of that centenarian keyboard - I'll bet that it still rocks in the right hands. And, I'm now longing for an ODells IPA, but will use that church key to pop open a bottle of Sierra Nevada.:D
Mine says 60 Shilling on the other side.

Real Name
Ken St John
A slight variation ... these are "keys" in the sense that a proper code will unlock our truck ...

Winter Steilacoom Sunset-1.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers!!

Ken

I worked at a radio station in Texas in 1969. An announcer made reference to a church key and was immediately fired. Shocking use of language. Things have changed quite a bit since then.

I'm not totally happy with these. If I get a chance I'll try again tomorrow.

fullsizeoutput_db0a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_db0e.jpeg

Pretty sure I'd get in big trouble very quickly with one of those!

You tend to do everything very quickly on this bike. And I have had a couple of instances when I thought my license might be in jeopardy. Once, on the way to church on a Sunday morning, I looked down at the speedometer and realized I was going awfully close to triple digits. And I had no idea. It felt like I was going about 70. I have only been stopped once on this bike and on that occasion I knew I was speeding. Fortunately my age and humble attitude kept me from serious consequences. But it does take a good bit of restraint to keep your license.

Sold mine after coming off the freeway ramp at legal 40mph speed slowing down for the stop sign ahead until I hit the tiny pea gravel that some truck left for me. Slid across 6 lanes of highway, fortunately no cars around. Gravel turns good road into ice.

100mph always felt very stable to me, wheels were like two big gyros. I never went super fast without scouting that piece of freeway first then doing a double back.

Sold mine after coming off the freeway ramp at legal 40mph speed slowing down for the stop sign ahead until I hit the tiny pea gravel that some truck left for me. Slid across 6 lanes of highway, fortunately no cars around. Gravel turns good road into ice.

100mph always felt very stable to me, wheels were like two big gyros. I never went super fast without scouting that piece of freeway first then doing a double back.
Traffic in Atlanta would make me a bit uncomfortable.

Tablets don't have physical keys, however it's so long since I cleaned this one that you can easily see where the virtual ones are:

NCCS_635_20190113_4.jpg

Real Name
Paul
Here's a first offering.

View attachment 1630325
View attachment 1630326
View attachment 1630327
Great shots! I love the piano keys, the key with what looks to be PVC pipe attached and the "you betcha" tag. Nicely done Nick!

Real Name
Paul
Geez, Paul - we should have all of our unknown keys organized so well!
Well, we've had times when a long lost lock is used or needed to be accessed, and we didn't know where the key was. Now, whenever we encounter a key that we don't know what it goes to (say, cleaning off an old key ring), we put it in the cup. Later, if we need a key, we can dig through the jar. Usually we'll put a piece of masking tape with the name of the lock (like the "porch screen" for that door), even though the key may remain in that jar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom