CS #637 - Happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
As Burns Night rolls around again, I took inspiration from "Auld Lang Syne" and generalised from fond memories to things that make you happy. So, the subject for this week's CS is happy people, favourite things or joyful activities - an antidote to the recent "Blue Monday".

An example or two to kick off:

1. Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

3. Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

4. Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

5. Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

6. Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Usual rules apply, chiefly photos to be taken between 00:01 24/01/2019 and 23:59 30/01/2019...

Great theme... will be challenging to beat the Winter blues and find get to that happy place. :)

I guess I have a week in which to find happiness :D
Went for a walk in the fog this afternoon, made me feel good, but seeing a snow plow cleaning off the edges of the streets made me happy.

Taking this photo made me extremely happy. As posted in the birds thread, I saw my first eagle in the wild today and took some pictures of her. This particular photo was one of the very first I shot. I was so excited to see an eagle, I forgot to change my camera settings, so the first few photos I took were over exposed. This is one of those photos. I was happy a second time when I was able to rescue the photo in post processing.

Last edited:
View attachment 1631100 Taking this photo made me extremely happy. As posted in the birds thread, I saw my first eagle in the wild today and took some pictures of her. This particular photo was one of the very first I shot. I was so excited to see an eagle, I forgot to change my camera settings, so the first few photos I took were over exposed. This is one of those photos. I was happy a second time when I was able to rescue the photo in post processing.
Nice one! Cheers Dan :D

View attachment 1631100 Taking this photo made me extremely happy. As posted in the birds thread, I saw my first eagle in the wild today and took some pictures of her. This particular photo was one of the very first I shot. I was so excited to see an eagle, I forgot to change my camera settings, so the first few photos I took were over exposed. This is one of those photos. I was happy a second time when I was able to rescue the photo in post processing.
Great shot and so nice to have eagles around. I haven't seen one in a very long time (we had some nesting by the river, near where I worked at one time).

Glad you were able to rescue the shots.

Good onya, Dan. I suspect that you've acquired the "birding / photography" bug now!:D

As Burns Night rolls around again, I took inspiration from "Auld Lang Syne" and generalised from fond memories to things that make you happy. So, the subject for this week's CS is happy people, favourite things or joyful activities - an antidote to the recent "Blue Monday".

Usual rules apply, chiefly photos to be taken between 00:01 24/01/2019 and 23:59 30/01/2019...
Thanks for an uplifting theme, Al - a lot of us can surely use some "happy". And enjoy Burns Night - and you can have my portion of haggis.:eek:

Great shot and so nice to have eagles around. I haven't seen one in a very long time (we had some nesting by the river, near where I worked at one time).

Glad you were able to rescue the shots.
Thanks. It was only a few shots that were a bit overexposed. I realized my error fairly quickly. I started to delete those photos, but decided to wait and take a look at them on my computer. To my surprise I was able to fairly easily correct the exposure. Fortunately the blown out areas weren’t crucial for the photo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom