CS #637 - Happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting and ironic that you should mention books and sorting. I just recently started cataloging my books. I have lots. My enduring interests are history, literature and (my first adolescent love) sci-fi. I have cataloged most of the sci-fi (about 450 volumes) and have discovered a first edition of The Man In The High Castle and a first edition of Foundation. Worth a good bit (close to $1k for books I bought for less than $20 total). The neat thing is discovering things that I have not read in many decades. I intend to remedy that.
I grew up in the middle of nowhere with not much to do except work, play sports, and read. I would have killed for a camera in those days. But my grandmother was a librarian in the state capital 60 miles away and she brought me books by the grocery bag full and I read every one of them. I asked her for every western and science fiction book they had. But those books are long gone. They never were mine.

I grew up in the middle of nowhere with not much to do except work, play sports, and read. I would have killed for a camera in those days. But my grandmother was a librarian in the state capital 60 miles away and she brought me books by the grocery bag full and I read every one of them. I asked her for every western and science fiction book they had. But those books are long gone. They never were mine.
But you read them. They became part of you. So you own them forever.

I took the day off and went on my granddaughter’s field trip to the Manatee Viewing Center in Apollo Beach. Honestly the manatees weren’t the highlight of the day. She loved the hurricane simulation tube and the stingray petting pool, although she wouldn’t touch the stingrays.
View attachment 1631338 View attachment 1631339
Cool set, and a great fit for the theme :D

I took the day off and went on my granddaughter’s field trip to the Manatee Viewing Center in Apollo Beach. Honestly the manatees weren’t the highlight of the day. She loved the hurricane simulation tube and the stingray petting pool, although she wouldn’t touch the stingrays.
Sounds like a fun outing. Great captures of
Nice shots of your granddaughter (even with the glare on the second one). Sounds like a fun outing.

Just scraping in for this week's theme. My daughter's family and friends having a lot of noisy fun in the paddock. Light was rubbish - flat grey with fog beginning to descend, but it didn't stop sledges!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Happy Families 1 by warth man, on Flickr

Happy Families 2 by warth man, on Flickr

Happy Families 3 by warth man, on Flickr

Ron, that looks like a bunch of very happy people, and even the dog is thrilled. Nicely captured.
Thanks Nick. Yes, all happy folk, but glad afterwards to get back indoors to a good hot stove. Which I understand may also be the case for a lot of people over there just now.

Not where I am--we've had our mildest winter in 25+ years. I haven't touched a snow shovel or windshield scraper once this season. Bah humbug!
Well I've been very glad of my Subaru Outback for the past couple of days. The hill up to my place is steep and twisty and just ice from side to side of the road. There isn't much moving up and down the road just now and I'm HAPPY to be one!

I am also very happy that my dog is back to herself and joined in all today's winter fun, having had an eye removed just after Christmas because of a tumour. She is still learning about the left side blind spot but getting there pretty quickly.

Happy Families 4 by warth man, on Flickr

I am also very happy that my dog is back to herself and joined in all today's winter fun, having had an eye removed just after Christmas because of a tumour. She is still learning about the left side blind spot but getting there pretty quickly.

View attachment 1631352Happy Families 4 by warth man, on Flickr
Awe... great to see her bounding back nicely. She is really enjoying the snow!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom