CS #639 - Blue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it.
I just based my last post upon reading some of the comments in the link that you provided for me.
Yeah, a lot of people complained about the price but it was comparable to a Goldwing or BMW 1600GTL. Where it fell short was on technology. It didn’t have electronically controlled suspension or different power modes or antilock brakes. What it has is full power all the time. A top shelf suspension you adjust by hand and great brakes without rider aids. They had developed an antilock brake system for the next model year, but it never made it into production. In other words the bike is like a muscle car that handled, but is basic. I guess folks want all the gadgets these days. But mine makes me smile so big my face hurts when I ride it.

No, Even though I have several of these, we don't drink tons of coffee or consume loads of sugar...
View attachment 1632085

My wife gets these empties from a church organization, and I use it to hold 9mm and .45 ACP cases to feed into this...
View attachment 1632086
A Dillon Precision 650 reloading press.

Here's a closeup shot of the "business section", primer tube; tool head with dies, powder drop, and powder checker; case feeder tube, and shell plate.
View attachment 1632087
Nice. I’ve never bothered reloading. I have a cheap (free) source of ammo at the moment, but eventually that will go away and I’ll have to spend my own money. Maybe then I’ll look into it.

Nice. I’ve never bothered reloading. I have a cheap (free) source of ammo at the moment, but eventually that will go away and I’ll have to spend my own money. Maybe then I’ll look into it.
Yeah, costs me half of what I would spend at a store, even on sale. Plus I can tune the load as needed for competition (if I ever get that good).

Alright, I finally got to get the bike out for a proper photo. But it was backlight by the sun so I tried using my flash. I still struggle with flash photography under these circumstances. I took tons of photos trying to not overexpose the sky and not underexpose the bike. For you flash gurus I'm sure this is simple. Not so much for me.

But here is my much loved blue bike. I'm not sure which photo I prefer yet.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Alright, I finally got to get the bike out for a proper photo. But it was backlight by the sun so I tried using my flash. I still struggle with flash photography under these circumstances. I took tons of photos trying to not overexpose the sky and not underexpose the bike. For you flash gurus I'm sure this is simple. Not so much for me.

View attachment 1632129 View attachment 1632130
Came out well Dan. I hear you on flash photography, and reflective objects are even harder.

First one for me. Like the clouds and the framing (rear of bike) better.
I almost never use a flash and this looks just great to me.

The second one for me. The flash has illuminated the chain and parts of the engine nicely and given it an all-round lift. The sky could easily have been made a little darker in-camera by slightly underexposing the bg and keeping the flash exposure the same. Photoshop could also easily have fixed the sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom