CS #640 - Old/New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting this while I have time this morning.

The theme, as noted in the title, is Old/New. I want to leave the interpretation of the theme as open as possible but want to note that the theme in no way means using old (as in taken outside the allowed time frame) images.

I have not posted examples because, again, I do not wish to inhibit what I expect will be some very creative takes on the theme.

One more note: while the theme can imply duality (old vs new, old become new, etc) it is not necessary to post depictions of both old and new together (although that is fine). It is even OK to post selfies as examples of "old". :rolleyes:

Posting this while I have time this morning.

The theme, as noted in the title, is Old/New. I want to leave the interpretation of the theme as open as possible but want to note that the theme in no way means using old (as in taken outside the allowed time frame) images.

I have not posted examples because, again, I do not wish to inhibit what I expect will be some very creative takes on the theme.

One more note: while the theme can imply duality (old vs new, old become new, etc) it is not necessary to post depictions of both old and new together (although that is fine). It is even OK to post selfies as examples of "old". :rolleyes:
BUT, I'M not OLD:whistle:

Old.

Textbooks used by my mom in grade school.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It would be interesting to see what they wrote about the American people all those years ago. When were they published?
History Of Kansas publication date is 1899. Early Days In Kansas publication date is 1927. The American People is missing the copyright page so publication date is unknown.

I got these from my dad's belongings after his funeral in 1994. At my mom's funeral ten years earlier, her grade school teacher approached me and gave me copies of mom's third and fourth grade school pictures, a thoughtful and much appreciated gift.

I think we did this theme, or something very similar, not too long ago. But it doesn't matter, and I'll have no trouble finding subjects to contribute...lots of old things in this house ;).

(And a few moderately new.)

Good timing, as I was just looking at some old photos.

Saw this beauty in the parking garage leaving the office today. Attempted to enhance the age in post processing as it looked bright and shiny and new in real life. Of course the lighting was no good in the parking garage and I couldn't get an angle without any other cars.

Saw this beauty in the parking garage leaving the office today. Attempted to enhance the age in post processing as it looked bright and shiny and new in real life. Of course the lighting was no good in the parking garage and I couldn't get an angle without any other cars.

View attachment 1632373
Nice capture of the Mustang. It's fun to see some of those old muscle cars.

Ok, the new flowers I bought my wife for Valentines Day on the left. The old flowers I bought her last week on the right.

Real Name
Ken St John
This may be a bit of stretch ... but, first of all, there's always "something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue" at a wedding, right?

Or, you could say this is the "new" Mom & Dad with the "old" son .... yeah, it's a reach but I like the image!!

From a friend's wedding a couple of days ago ... thankfully, I was not the "official" photographer but I did perform the ceremony that married them .... a first for me!!

Ken

Another new and old involving flowers.

This may be a bit of stretch ... but, first of all, there's always "something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue" at a wedding, right?

Or, you could say this is the "new" Mom & Dad with the "old" son .... yeah, it's a reach but I like the image!!
View attachment 1632418
From a friend's wedding a couple of days ago ... thankfully, I was not the "official" photographer but I did perform the ceremony that married them .... a first for me!!

Ken
I have actually performed several wedding ceremonies and taken photos at two. I was definitely more stressed out when I was the one taking the photos than when I was the one performing the ceremony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom