CS #640 - Old/New

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relatively new species (but not sure about the "sapiens" part in this instance :eek:) on relatively old rock (Wingate formation; ca. 200 million years old) . . .

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

New Tricks...
View attachment 1632556

Last Summer, we got a Roomba (robotic sweeper). It runs nightly at 1am. Having it try to do the whole first floor, however, it sometimes doesn't get back to its dock before the battery dies. It can end up almost anywhere in the house - under couches, under chairs, under the kitchen table, in dark corners, stuck on heating grills, caught on a lamp cord or rug, etc. This is made harder, as I'm usually looking for it at 5am in the morning, when I get up (and it is still dark).

So, I trained Charley with "Roomba...Find It!". He searches the house andand starts nosing or sniffing it when he finds it (like in this case, where I had run it this afternoon, after doing some sanding).
That’s a neat trick. I have trouble training my dogs to do anything. They are pretty good at training me though.

With the 850 you can set it to automatically shift to a DX crop, or you can turn it off and manually select an image area:
(with any lens).

View attachment 1632529

When I had my Sigma 50-100 I shot it at a 1.2 and controlled the vignetting.

With the 850 you can set it to automatically shift to a DX crop, or you can turn it off and manually select an image area:
(with any lens).

View attachment 1632529

When I had my Sigma 50-100 I shot it at a 1.2 and controlled the vignetting.
My D750 lets me choose FX, 1.2 and DX. I wish the Z6 allowed the same level of control. Seems like a thing that could be fixed in the firmware.

The newest member of my family. Ok, so he's like 20 months old, that's still pretty new. My grandson will in a strawberry field.

That’s a neat trick. I have trouble training my dogs to do anything. They are pretty good at training me though.
Thanks. It's really useful, after making 2-3 rounds of the house ending up turning on all the lights to find the Roomba, having Charley track it down is a time saver. He gets all sorts of praise for "finding it", so is eager to do so.

Is anything older than the sky. Not much.
Not sure which I like better so sharing both.

Real Name
Andy
The first Nikon I ever used and the one I'm about to try for the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom