CS #642 - Books!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Heeey-lo, Ladies and Gents! Lyndee Loo here, and I'm hosting this week's CS! :D

The subject for this week's challenge is an easy one - Books! We all have 'em in varying forms, and your goal is to see how creative you can get in photographing them. You may choose something from inside your home, or feel free to head out to a bookstore or library or wherever you'd like to go. The choice is yours and the opportunities are endless, so let's see what you've got!

Of course, the CS Rules have not changed and the challenge will run from now (for you overseas folk) to 11:59 pm next Wednesday, March 6th. I've included an image that was taken earlier, but everyone knows that for this CS, I'd like to see images that were taken during the time frame for the challenge.

Alright - enough chit chat; off you go! :p

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Just took one of a couple of my shelves of books.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Just took one of a couple of my shelves of books. View attachment 1633117
Hey Rick - you're first!! :D

And it looks as though you have a wide variety of reading material there, all being protected by 'Mr. Happy Man' in the left corner!

I also see you're a fan of James Joyce. I remember trying to read 'Finnegan's Wake' when I was in high school, but gave up on it because I had a hard time trying to figure out what Joyce was trying to say...

Well done and nice photo!

Real Name
John M.
Library books are what this excitement is all about .

The subject for this week's challenge is an easy one - Books! We all have 'em in varying forms, and your goal is to see how creative you can get in photographing them. You may choose something from inside your home, or feel free to head out to a bookstore or library or wherever you'd like to go. The choice is yours and the opportunities are endless, so let's see what you've got!

Of course, the CS Rules have not changed and the challenge will run from now (for you overseas folk) to 11:59 pm next Wednesday, March 6th. I've included an image that was taken earlier, but everyone knows that for this CS, I'd like to see images that were taken during the time frame for the challenge.

So good to see you hosting. Have a couple of books riding in the front of my car I should photograph.

Fun theme and great example!

I have out some of my travel books....dreaming of escaping winter!! I have loved the Photographing the Southwest series of books. Volume 1--Utah, is so well loved. I have loaned it to a lot of people. It has been to Utah many times. I put stars by all the places we have visited and a good share of the spots in the book have stars by them!! We have never been to Yosemite and hope to go this fall. If any of you have travel books you have liked for that area....please recommend them!!

The Laurent Martres books are excellent. I have most of them, and they have served as my travel guides for several trips to that area.
I just looked up his books on Amazon to see if he has any others. They must be out of print, because they are very expensive. I better take good care of mine!!

I have out some of my travel books....dreaming of escaping winter!! I have loved the Photographing the Southwest series of books. Volume 1--Utah, is so well loved. I have loaned it to a lot of people. It has been to Utah many times. I put stars by all the places we have visited and a good share of the spots in the book have stars by them!! We have never been to Yosemite and hope to go this fall. If any of you have travel books you have liked for that area....please recommend them!!View attachment 1633147View attachment 1633146 View attachment 1633148
Always enjoyed visit the Southwest, but it has been a long time...

Greg and I just never strayed far from home. We were both raised here. If you experienced the winter we’ve had, you wouldn’t say we are lucky.
Winter!!!! We've just had the 2nd snowiest February on record--39+ inches, with 24+ still on the ground. The record (48") was set in the 1890s. It's not the snow that got us but the timing--about now we're all getting a bad case of cabin fever and long to be out side (heck 11 hours of daylight today) and we've spent our days shoveling, and shoveling some more, and now we hope we don't get one of our infamous Palouse rain-on-snow events . . . . :drowning::drowning::drowning:

But . . . on the bright side, it's book-reading season, still! Stay tuned!

Winter!!!! We've just had the 2nd snowiest February on record--39+ inches, with 24+ still on the ground. The record (48") was set in the 1890s. It's not the snow that got us but the timing--about now we're all getting a bad case of cabin fever and long to be out side (heck 11 hours of daylight today) and we've spent our days shoveling, and shoveling some more, and now we hope we don't get one of our infamous Palouse rain-on-snow events . . . . :drowning::drowning::drowning:

But . . . on the bright side, it's book-reading season, still! Stay tuned!
Weren't you complaining about a mild winter with no snow just a few short weeks ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom