CS #644 - The letter "D"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Ken St John
Y'all are doing better than I am ... for some reason I had a difficult time with finding a "D" ... no dogs in the family ... :)

However, while out in the rare sunshine today, getting some vitamin D, I did see a ship at the Dock in the Port of Tacoma ...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheers!!

Ken

The Darling Dickerson grandkids.....

Real Name
Andy
This young lady had a tumor removed from her neck last fall. Just five months ago she began learning to walk again. She put on her team colors to run for the first time since surgery on Monday. I think we can safely title this one:
Determination.

And this one:
Delight.

And yes, if I hadn't been so caught up in the emotion of the moment, I would have remembered to reduce the shutter speed and lower the ISO for the shot of Coach hugging her.

This young lady had a tumor removed from her neck last fall. Just five months ago she began learning to walk again. She put on her team colors to run for the first time since surgery on Monday. I think we can safely title this one:
Determination.
View attachment 1634605

And this one:
Delight.
View attachment 1634608

And yes, if I hadn't been so caught up in the emotion of the moment, I would have remembered to reduce the shutter speed and lower the ISO for the shot of Coach hugging her.
Great pair of shots and what a beautiful story!

Y'all are doing better than I am ... for some reason I had a difficult time with finding a "D" ... no dogs in the family ... :)

However, while out in the rare sunshine today, getting some vitamin D, I did see a ship at the Dock in the Port of Tacoma ...
View attachment 1634590

Cheers!!

Ken
That works for me, especially the “dock” part. And I thought vitamin D came from milk. Thanks so very much for joining in.

Determination.
View attachment 1634605

And this one:
Delight.
View attachment 1634608

So happy she is recovering. Inspiring example of determination, indeed. Wish her well from the NC clan.

View attachment 1634590

Cheers!!

Ken
Btw, How do you like the 6D? I had the 6D MK ii with the same lens, the 24-70 f4 and the original 100-400. Took some nice pictures with that setup.....Ahem, of course a Nikon can do better

Real Name
Ken St John
Btw, How do you like the 6D? I had the 6D MK ii with the same lens, the 24-70 f4 and the original 100-400. Took some nice pictures with that setup.....Ahem, of course a Nikon can do better
I came from a D750 with a 24-120VR f4 as my standard kit. I have yet to find an instance where the D750 did a BETTER job on any image I have taken. Frankly, both cameras/lenses/systems are superb!! There are some "creature comforts" that I have found where Canon does get a plus - the swing out touchscreen is simply wonderful for tripod use or long exposures; and Canon's connectivity app/system with my iPhone is far superior to the wifi only on the D750. I have found Nikon's speed lights are easier to use, especially wirelessly. But other than that ... no measurable difference in my book!!

FWIW - if I were to return to Nikon, I'd probably go D850, again with the 24-120 f4. The D850 has the touchscreen and better connectivity that I have become used to. Sorry ... I'm just not a fan of "mirrorless" ... too old school!!

Ken

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom