CS #645 - The long, or short, or the exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, Terri! The Tulip Magnolia Tree is one of my favorites, with absolutely wonderful flowers, and it comes into bloom in the early spring. The blossoms have the most delightful scent and they are just lovely, delicate and a reminder of Nature's beauty. The blossoms are very fragile, though, and any bad weather can immediately wreak havoc, so I've learned to get out there and start photographing as soon as they begin budding, just in case..... One tree in the neighborhood is a little further along than the one where I shot the above photo, but it hasn't yet begun blooming in earnest yet. A few more days.....

Also in the neighborhood we have Cherry (and I think Apple) blossom trees and I've got my eye on them, too. We don't have the absolutely gorgeous knock-your-socks-off kind of scene that is an annual treasured sight at the Tidal Basin in downtown Washington, DC, but nonetheless it's fun to see and photograph our local ones as well. Spring is always my favorite time for photography as things start blooming and blossoming all over the place....

At just over 2" tall, these crocuses are the shortest flowers in the backyard; several months from now, these Mammoth Russian sunflowers at 10' will be the "longest" - well, the *tallest* in any case.

original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

original.jpg

Thanks, Terri! The Tulip Magnolia Tree is one of my favorites, with absolutely wonderful flowers, and it comes into bloom in the early spring. The blossoms have the most delightful scent and they are just lovely, delicate and a reminder of Nature's beauty. The blossoms are very fragile, though, and any bad weather can immediately wreak havoc, so I've learned to get out there and start photographing as soon as they begin budding, just in case..... One tree in the neighborhood is a little further along than the one where I shot the above photo, but it hasn't yet begun blooming in earnest yet. A few more days.....

Also in the neighborhood we have Cherry (and I think Apple) blossom trees and I've got my eye on them, too. We don't have the absolutely gorgeous knock-your-socks-off kind of scene that is an annual treasured sight at the Tidal Basin in downtown Washington, DC, but nonetheless it's fun to see and photograph our local ones as well. Spring is always my favorite time for photography as things start blooming and blossoming all over the place....
My favorite time, too!! Although our spring is much later than yours!!

Dining by moonlight has a whole new meaning when the museum has a large replica inside:

1. SMS_20190321_24.jpg

2. SMS_20190321_31.jpg

SMS_20190321_68.jpg

The gruesome sponge cake murders ... coming soon :blackalien:

007 (4).JPG

Last edited:
Thanks, Paul and Eric! It was windy out there and I had the lens wide-open to not only hopefully get good bokeh but to increase the shutter speed in order to stop any wind motion, too, and it worked for this shot, but not for some of the others I took. I am hoping that when the blossoms emerge that it won't be quite so windy and cold!

At just over 2" tall, these crocuses are the shortest flowers in the backyard; several months from now, these Mammoth Russian sunflowers at 10' will be the "longest" - well, the *tallest* in any case.

View attachment 1634724

View attachment 1634725

Love those yellow crocuses! we used to have crocuses in our neighborhood but no more....I miss them!

Looking forward to seeing those sunflowers in a few months!

Real Name
Paul
Long odds...
cs-645-3132.jpg

No... it wasn't a winner. :( My mom always gets a ticket, when the jackpot is very high. This was my second ticket purchases (on a whim), in my entire lifetime.

Long odds...
View attachment 1634775
No... it wasn't a winner. :( My mom always gets a ticket, when the jackpot is very high. This was my second ticket purchases (on a whim), in my entire lifetime.

I fondly recall a line from a 90s sitcom set in a TV news studio, when the boss shouts at one of the newsreaders:

"Henry! Will you please stop referring to the National Lottery as 'The Moron Tax'!"

:D

Sound choice of the higher numbers though: as a lot of people play their birthdays, if it had won, you'd have been less likely to have to share it :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom