CS #645 - The long, or short, or the exactly the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Ken St John
Bit of a stretch here .... :)

For a LONG time, I have been looking at some ugly carpet in my office and knew there was equally ugly, LONG covered, oak flooring underneath ...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

After a SHORT (relatively) time with this gadget ...

We now have the EXACTLY THE SAME floor waiting for the final step (refinishing)...

(Actually, this was after a very full day yesterday for my wife and I. But the machine does make things a lot easier!!)

Cheers!!

Ken

Last edited:

For a LONG time, I have been looking at some ugly carpet in my office and knew there was equally ugly LONG covered oak flooring ...
View attachment 1634780
View attachment 1634781
We now have the EXACTLY THE SAME floor waiting for the final step (refinishing)...
View attachment 1634782

(Actually, this was after a very full day yesterday for my wife and I. But the machine does make things a lot easier!!)

Cheers!!

Ken
Pretty!!

I hope these kids stay little for a LONG time. But when I look back, the time I've had with them already seems way too SHORT!!

Two of our 17 grandchildren....love them all so much!!

For a LONG time, I have been looking at some ugly carpet in my office and knew there was equally ugly LONG covered oak flooring ...
View attachment 1634784
View attachment 1634785
View attachment 1634783

Cheers!!

Ken
Terrific, Ken - both on the work and on your CS "stretch".:D

Last edited:
I fondly recall a line from a 90s sitcom set in a TV news studio, when the boss shouts at one of the newsreaders:

"Henry! Will you please stop referring to the National Lottery as 'The Moron Tax'!"

:D

Sound choice of the higher numbers though: as a lot of people play their birthdays, if it had won, you'd have been less likely to have to share it :D
Actually, unless you request it, they will give you machine generated numbers. It really is a crap shoot, which is why I never played for all those years. I played once on my last birthday, when it was really high, and tried again Saturday. I think I'll go back to spending $2 on movie rents instead, which is a slightly better chance of getting a winner. :)

Actually, unless you request it, they will give you machine generated numbers. It really is a crap shoot, which is why I never played for all those years. I played once on my last birthday, when it was really high, and tried again Saturday. I think I'll go back to spending $2 on movie rents instead, which is a slightly better chance of getting a winner. :)
I was part of a syndicate at work a few years back: we each put £1 a week into getting "Lucky Dip" tickets (where the machine picks the numbers; most people here pick their own). The winnings were put into our team Xmas Party Beer Fund. As I predicted, the fund would have been twice as big had we just put £1/week each into it directly... :D

Long ago in a Galaxy far away:

"Where are the droids I'm looking for?"

A short time-hop later:

"Absolutely no idea, mate."

Real Name
Andy
Not usually a street shooter, but this seemed like a decisive moment. Hoping "tall and short" is close enough to capture the spirit of the assignment.
1. Cairn Builder near Seaport Village in San Diego

And a literal interpretation with an alliterative title:
2. Slotted Screws with a Stubby and Standard length Screwdriver

Not usually a street shooter, but this seemed like a decisive moment. Hoping "tall and short" is close enough to capture the spirit of the assignment.
View attachment 1634837

View attachment 1634838
Probably took him longer, to do the taller one. :)

Love those Craftsman tools - although the lifetime warranty now is likely moot.

For a LONG time, I have been looking at some ugly carpet in my office and knew there was equally ugly, LONG covered, oak flooring underneath ...
View attachment 1634784
View attachment 1634785
View attachment 1634783

Cheers!!

Ken
Ken, wow that's impressive. But I bet the finishing part is even more challenging. By the way, do you have some free time? My floor is pretty beat up too, thanks to my dog. :LOL:

I was at a wedding last night at a brewery. Found that focusing on glass with busy background in dim light is ridiculous difficult, especially with all the light bulbs on top.

1. Short

2. Long

Last edited:

View attachment 1634784
View attachment 1634785
View attachment 1634783

Cheers!!

Ken
Great set! We have hardwood and, after 20 years there are places that are worn. I’m not brave enough to fix myself (kitchen, hall, study, and tiny bit of family room), and will try to look to have it done. I’ve heard that I’ll need to be out of the house for several days, so will have to schedule some vacation time to line up with the work. Kudos to you two for doing your floor. Looks great!

View attachment 1634837

View attachment 1634838
Two super interpretations, Andy - well done!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom