CS #646 - Everyday In Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Andy
"If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.'"
― Martin Luther King Jr.

Here are a few images from this week that reminded me of our CS theme and MLK's wise words.

1. After the concert in the main hall of the Field Museum
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Nannies with Ninos

3. Sweeping with a Stihl backpack blower

Last edited:

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
I appreciated all your comments on the photo of my parents. I know that I do look like my mom. I go places around town and have had people come up and ask me if I am her daughter because there is such a resemblance. The photos of them older are somewhat painful to me because it's hard to see them looking so much older. I agree that we need to document memories. I have been working on scanning in old photos into individual folders for each person in my family. I plan on giving them to them one of these days. I have also been working on doing face detect in Lightroom and tagging those photos by name. It is a very time consuming project with thousands and thousands of photos to go through.

I was encouraged to add the following photo to this CS because it does fit the theme, but I have shared it in the people forum already. My husband has a daily ritual of reading the newspaper. It's just a small local paper from our hometown and my guess is that they are struggling because the paper just keeps getting smaller and smaller. I seldom read it, but Greg loves it. He also loves to read books and is a voracious reader when he has time. I adore this man and wanted to preserve a memory of his daily ritual of reading the paper.

PS. I am really loving the Z6. The IBIS is just what I was hoping for. The weight is manageable for me, especially with smaller lenses, like the 50 f1.8 G.

View attachment 1635527
Another priceless image, Terri. And that Z6 is something; well done!

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as a Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.
― Martin Luther King Jr.

Here are a few images from this week that reminded me of our CS theme and MLK's wise words.

View attachment 1635535

2. Nannies with Ninos
View attachment 1635536

View attachment 1635537
Well done, Andy! All three images fit this weeks theme perfectly!

"If a man is called to be a street sweeper, he should sweep streets even as Michaelangelo painted, or Beethoven composed music or Shakespeare wrote poetry. He should sweep streets so well that all the hosts of heaven and earth will pause to say, 'Here lived a great street sweeper who did his job well.'"
― Martin Luther King Jr.

View attachment 1635535

2. Nannies with Ninos
View attachment 1635536

View attachment 1635537
You know my mother said the same thing...not in those exact words, however, it was the street sweeper she invoked as an example. Nicely captured..

Well, folks I appreciate the priviledge of hosting this weeks CS. The images were fantastic with wonderful stories and interpretations and as usual I've enjoyed the ride and appreciate the complements. Until next time...

Real Name
Andy
Well, folks I appreciate the priviledge of hosting this weeks CS. The images were fantastic with wonderful stories and interpretations and as usual I've enjoyed the ride and appreciate the complements. Until next time...
This was a constructively challenging and very fun theme to pursue. You made me look a bit closer at my everyday surroundings and in doing so, pushed me to see a little better than before. Which is what photography is all about, right?

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Well, G - ya done good, son! :p Thanks for hosting this week's CS. It was an excellent topic with some amazing images submitted. Well done, and don't be a stranger now, here? :D

See you next month...and hey - if the stars align and we can scratch out some time, how about us going over to Little River Canyon in Fort Payne, AL? It's only 65 miles from C'ville. We could sneak out and be back before anyone misses us... :cool:

― Martin Luther King Jr.

View attachment 1635535

2. Nannies with Ninos
View attachment 1635536

View attachment 1635537
I think you nailed the theme.

― Martin Luther King Jr.

View attachment 1635535

2. Nannies with Ninos
View attachment 1635536

View attachment 1635537
Super set and tie into the theme!

This was a constructively challenging and very fun theme to pursue. You made me look a bit closer at my everyday surroundings and in doing so, pushed me to see a little better than before. Which is what photography is all about, right?

Indeed...

Well, G - ya done good, son! :p Thanks for hosting this week's CS. It was an excellent topic with some amazing images submitted. Well done, and don't be a stranger now, here? :D

See you next month...and hey - if the stars align and we can scratch out some time, how about us going over to Little River Canyon in Fort Payne, AL? It's only 65 miles from C'ville. We could sneak out and be back before anyone misses us... :cool:

Oh yeah, for sure. Little River is on the back side of Sloppy Floyd 20 or 25 miles from that park which is no where from C'ville...easily an hour an 15/20 minutes. Let's do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom