CS #646 - Everyday In Life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just like Jim T (Pa) in VA, hiking is normally an everyday activity out here, or at least an always available choice. Yesterday, I was out in "Devil's Canyon" again and ventured down along one of its streams (snap #1). What made yesterday special was the visit from my daughter (who lives in CA) along with her 3 month-old puppy, the latter of whom was enjoying the start of acquiring her waterdog chops, but soon she became pretty tired (as puppies often do). Maybe the altitude change!:D

View attachment 1635479

View attachment 1635480

View attachment 1635481

Beautiful photos, Eric. I miss the high desert landscape!

Just like Jim T (Pa) in VA, hiking is normally an everyday activity out here, or at least an always available choice. Yesterday, I was out in "Devil's Canyon" again and ventured down along one of its streams (snap #1). What made yesterday special was the visit from my daughter (who lives in CA) along with her 3 month-old puppy, the latter of whom was enjoying the start of acquiring her waterdog chops, but soon she became pretty tired (as puppies often do). Maybe the altitude change!:D

View attachment 1635479

View attachment 1635480

View attachment 1635481

Very beautiful scenery.. Thanks for sharing.

What a wonderful CS. I have loved all the entries!! These two have been here for me every day of my life. They are my parents. Dad broke his hip last fall and hasn't fully recovered, mom is having horrible memory issues which continue to get worse. It's so hard to watch them going downhill. I hope I have them every day in my life for a long time more. I guess we should never take those everyday things for granted.
_DSC0560.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Paul
What a wonderful CS. I have loved all the entries!! These two have been here for me every day of my life. They are my parents. Dad broke his hip last fall and hasn't fully recovered, mom is having horrible memory issues which continue to get worse. It's so hard to watch them going downhill. I hope I have them every day in my life for a long time more. I guess we should never take those everyday things for granted. View attachment 1635495
Touching story, Terri.

What a wonderful CS. I have loved all the entries!! These two have been here for me every day of my life. They are my parents. Dad broke his hip last fall and hasn't fully recovered, mom is having horrible memory issues which continue to get worse. It's so hard to watch them going downhill. I hope I have them every day in my life for a long time more. I guess we should never take those everyday things for granted. View attachment 1635495

What a wonderful punctuation to this weeks theme... Cherish them indeed.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
If you don't look exactly like your mother, Terri...!

And a priceless photo. I'm sorry to hear about their health issues, but I'm happy to know that they are still here for you to cherish.

Your mum looks just like you! And you dad has a most determined jaw! One can never have too many pictures of the older generations.

Real Name
Doug
... One can never have too many pictures of the older generations.
(y)
"Can you imagine us years from today
Sharing a park bench quietly?
How terribly strange to be seventy

Old friends
Memory brushes the same years
Silently sharing the same fear

A time it was, and what a time it was, it was
A time of innocence
A time of confidences
Long ago it must be
I have a photograph
Preserve your memories
They're all that's left you"
from Bookends Theme by Paul Simon

Real Name
Doug
Also, NOW is the time to document those memories. Pull out the old photo albums and shoe boxes full of snapshots and identify the people and the place and the date. I have far too many old family photos, especially of children, with no idea who they are (other than a guess based on resemblance).

I appreciated all your comments on the photo of my parents. I know that I do look like my mom. I go places around town and have had people come up and ask me if I am her daughter because there is such a resemblance. The photos of them older are somewhat painful to me because it's hard to see them looking so much older. I agree that we need to document memories. I have been working on scanning in old photos into individual folders for each person in my family. I plan on giving them to them one of these days. I have also been working on doing face detect in Lightroom and tagging those photos by name. It is a very time consuming project with thousands and thousands of photos to go through.

I was encouraged to add the following photo to this CS because it does fit the theme, but I have shared it in the people forum already. My husband has a daily ritual of reading the newspaper. It's just a small local paper from our hometown and my guess is that they are struggling because the paper just keeps getting smaller and smaller. I seldom read it, but Greg loves it. He also loves to read books and is a voracious reader when he has time. I adore this man and wanted to preserve a memory of his daily ritual of reading the paper.

PS. I am really loving the Z6. The IBIS is just what I was hoping for. The weight is manageable for me, especially with smaller lenses, like the 50 f1.8 G.

_DSC0758.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I appreciated all your comments on the photo of my parents. I know that I do look like my mom. I go places around town and have had people come up and ask me if I am her daughter because there is such a resemblance. The photos of them older are somewhat painful to me because it's hard to see them looking so much older. I agree that we need to document memories. I have been working on scanning in old photos into individual folders for each person in my family. I plan on giving them to them one of these days. I have also been working on doing face detect in Lightroom and tagging those photos by name. It is a very time consuming project with thousands and thousands of photos to go through.

I was encouraged to add the following photo to this CS because it does fit the theme, but I have shared it in the people forum already. My husband has a daily ritual of reading the newspaper. It's just a small local paper from our hometown and my guess is that they are struggling because the paper just keeps getting smaller and smaller. I seldom read it, but Greg loves it. He also loves to read books and is a voracious reader when he has time. I adore this man and wanted to preserve a memory of his daily ritual of reading the paper.

PS. I am really loving the Z6. The IBIS is just what I was hoping for. The weight is manageable for me, especially with smaller lenses, like the 50 f1.8 G.

View attachment 1635527

Pretty impressive image from the Z6...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom