CS #647 - Stop It Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the first one. That Olympus does an amazing job!! I'll try in good light and see how long I can handhold with my Z6. I've heard of people who can do 1 second, but I'm not that steady, so I doubt if I can.

Thanks Terri. I had the E-M1 for years but recently my kid took it and I had to buy another camera. I was debating between the Mark II and the Z6. Finally, I can't justify investing another $5 to $10k on new Z lenses (. Also, since I have a D750 already, doesn't make sense to get another full frame as I love the size of m43 and the extra reach. So I decided on the Mark II.

Love to see what you can come back with with your new Z6. Don't try it on your energetic grand kids though or all you can see is just blur. :LOL:

Here is the one with 1s shutter. Had my tripod in the background, that's why I didn't post it earlier. Ended up I didn't need to use it. :D
Yr--yijoSU8nOyRzexKakYorYzc0NaBuFWRqcr-My4ww4RiV3KZRmYzlbFSYG6AyjVUBPjyeLYDWqkMeM=w2084-h1564-no.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:
The micro 4/3 sensor is an excellent choice for increasing depth of field. And you’ve truly doubled down by going all the way to f/32 FF equivalent. I now feel a little regret over selling my 12-100 last week. But back to your images: Nicely done.

Thanks Andy. On the other hand, because the increased depth, you need to get close to an object to obtain shallow depth shots. The EM1 and 12-100, plus a couple of fast primes, are excellent for travel.

A few from Chester-le-Street regatta this weekend:

1. CLS_20190406_724.jpg

2. Panning's not quite so easy when different bits of the subject are going at different speeds in different directions:
    CLS_20190406_508.jpg

3. CLS_20190406_612.jpg

Real Name
Andy
This CS is a good test for my lens/body AF. No adjustments needed or done BTW
001.JPG

Real Name
Paul
Haven't had time to participate in the CS, as I've been up in Maine the past few days...
3666.jpeg

... with my grandson, born today...

Real Name
Paul
Thanks everyone! It was a long (40+ hrs) labor, which ended in a C section. My daughter and baby are doing well, all things considered. They’ll be in the hospital until Wednesday.

The baby’s name is Theodore. He’s 6 lbs 3 oz and quite the cutie.

I have had company and haven't had a chance to get out and find new subject matter. I did want to try out a Tokina 17-35 f4 lens that I own on my Z6. I seldom shoot super wide angle. This lens seems to do quite well on the Z6 so for now I will be using it for my wide angle shots. These have no distortion corrected. I just played around with stopped down shooting in my yard and in my house. Both were done on a tripod. Hopefully before the week is done I can do something more creative.

My husband started building a treehouse on the left willow tree right as his knees were at their worst before his knee replacement. He hasn't got back to it, but has a blue tarp covering the floor he put up there. I'm hoping he will give up on it and take it down. I think it is too high for the kids to go up there.....

_DSC1557.jpg
_DSC1568.jpg

I have had company and haven't had a chance to get out and find new subject matter. I did want to try out a Tokina 17-35 f4 lens that I own on my Z6. I seldom shoot super wide angle. This lens seems to do quite well on the Z6 so for now I will be using it for my wide angle shots. These have no distortion corrected. I just played around with stopped down shooting in my yard and in my house. Both were done on a tripod. Hopefully before the week is done I can do something more creative.

My husband started building a treehouse on the left willow tree right as his knees were at their worst before his knee replacement. He hasn't got back to it, but has a blue tarp covering the floor he put up there. I'm hoping he will give up on it and take it down. I think it is too high for the kids to go up there.....

View attachment 1635866 View attachment 1635867

Very good wide-angle shots, Terri, that show us a little of your life.

My wife and I did our daily walk on the Virginia Tech Campus today and I got a few small aperture photos to post.

1. War memorial
_D729926-XL.jpg

2. Tunnel through a dormitory
_D729930-XL.jpg

I've been reminded of two things in doing these photos: (a) diffraction definitely damages acuity at f/22, and (b) I need to clean the sensor on this D7200. :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom