CS #654 - Circle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Paul
Of course, it wouldn't be a Memorial Day weekend with out some grillin...
theo-3417.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Andy
Yesterday we went to visit my daughter, here beau, and baby (to avoid the traffic for the holiday weekend). To protect from the sun and (few bugs), my daughter had a scarf with circles on it...

View attachment 1639040

A slightly wider shot...
View attachment 1639041

And baby Theo (almost 2 months old), still has blue eyes (they say it takes about 9 months for the true eye color - will either be blue or brown I guess)...
View attachment 1639042

Awww, am sure you are proud of those two.

Real Name
Paul
Lots of circles...
cs-654-3436.jpg

Today was ammunition day. First, I created over 450 9mm cartridges. During that time, I ran a (circular :) ) vibrating bowl to polish cases, and then I sorted the cases by brand. This is a shot of some of the cases (well over 1000) that I had sorted.

Real Name
Andy
Lots of circles...
View attachment 1639087
Today was ammunition day. First, I created over 450 9mm cartridges. During that time, I ran a (circular :) ) vibrating bowl to polish cases, and then I sorted the cases by brand. This is a shot of some of the cases (well over 1000) that I had sorted.
The largest formation looks like Florida!

Real Name
Ken St John
I hope I can claim a partial exemption from the collective's rules, as these three images were definitely not taken this week ... but, I DID spend some time today cleaning up some old scans and trying to make them look as good as possible.

A lot of "circles" show up when you're either refueling an F-15 Eagle at night, or being refueled yourself by a KC-135A or a KC-10A, high in the sky!!
Night Flight004.jpg

KC135A with Steady Hands_DxO.jpg

Air Force Hi-Res0003.jpg

Every time I look through old slides, I am reminded how much I miss having one of our modern digital marvels with me!! I had so many wonderful experiences that now only exist in my memory. A few boxes of slides are still around, and a few prints, but time has taken a toll on their quality. Just imagine these three with a D850 or my 6D Mk II!!

Cheers!!

Ken

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Yesterday we went to visit my daughter, her beau, and baby (to avoid the traffic for the holiday weekend). To protect from the sun and (few bugs), my daughter had a scarf with circles on it...

View attachment 1639040

A slightly wider shot...
View attachment 1639041

And baby Theo (almost 2 months old), still has blue eyes (they say it takes about 9 months for the true eye color - will either be blue or brown I guess)...
View attachment 1639042
Congratulations Paul.
There is nothing better to shoot than a grandchild.
Our Emma has nearly black eyes.

Regards to Theo and the family
Klaus

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
I hope I can claim a partial exemption from the collective's rules, as these three images were definitely not taken this week ... but, I DID spend some time today cleaning up some old scans and trying to make them look as good as possible.

A lot of "circles" show up when you're either refueling an F-15 Eagle at night, or being refueled yourself by a KC-135A or a KC-10A, high in the sky!!
View attachment 1639109
View attachment 1639108
View attachment 1639110

Every time I look through old slides, I am reminded how much I miss having one of our modern digital marvels with me!! I had so many wonderful experiences that now only exist in my memory. A few boxes of slides are still around, and a few prints, but time has taken a toll on their quality. Just imagine these three with a D850 or my 6D Mk II!!

Cheers!!

Ken
Ken, it's an excellent series and wonderful memories you're sharing with us.
And yes - in this case there will be an extemption.

Kind regards
Klaus

Real Name
Andy

View attachment 1639109
View attachment 1639108
View attachment 1639110

Cheers!!

Ken
Thanks for sharing these, Ken. I have many colleagues who served our nation in Air Refueling Wings over the years. Those old tankers have certainly outlasted their photographic counterparts.

View attachment 1639109
View attachment 1639108
View attachment 1639110

Cheers!!

Ken

Nothing so lofty here, but occasionally I run across some of my old slides and negatives and am impressed with what we could do with film. Seems to me I have a shot of the Golden Gate bridge and Marin County hills using Kodak Ektachrome.

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Nothing so lofty here, but occasionally I run across some of my old slides and negatives and am impressed with what we could do with film. Seems to me I have a shot of the Golden Gate bridge and Marin County hills using Kodak Ektachrome.
Well Ed,
just the same opinion I have.
New equipment doesn't make better pictures. It's easier perhaps...
The picture is what YOU see and how YOU shoot. The final result is made in your head.

Kind regards
Klaus

AA683DA8-C3D3-4555-814E-651795B36A9C.jpeg
BDD81F01-3667-4221-AEDD-136FA075CD9A.jpeg
A couple of late entries. I was camping for memorial weekend and had very patchy internet service. Some pics from the weekend that had circles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom