CS #655 - Anything about music

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the device I use at work to filter out all the noise in the office when my neighbor is yapping on the phone.

rZxSzF7ktDEzLY3NJEnhg-HTykpwu09pihjrDJhCDfL8pT49nPtruDCkJlf-JQFFfS0MczS3oe9Fn-OMW=w2084-h1564-no.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
I used my little EM5 to take these shots of Carl Palmer (EX ELP) playing in a small club in Bologna. We had seats in a bad position which turned out to be an interesting angle.

P2120066_DxO.JPG

P2130308_DxO.JPG

P2130302_DxO.JPG

P2120181_DxO.JPG

P2130314_DxO.JPG

P2120122_DxO-1.JPG

NCV

Real Name
Nigel
That angle worked out especially well to my taste on your fourth photo.

I did a lot of performing arts photography in the past, and often the most desperate situations threw up the most interesting photographs.

I was quite desperate to get a picture of the guitarist who was on the far side of the stage. When I post this set everybody loves that shot.

On a typical day, I listen to classical music about 1 1/2 hours. To get everything "just right," I move this rocking chair to the place in the room relative to the speakers that produces the ideal listening experience. During my daily listening sessions, I do nothing but listen.

Though the chair is about 30 years old, it's just as stable as the day when it was brand new. That's rather remarkable considering that I don't think there has been a day when my wife and I are at home when at least one of us hasn't sat in it. However, as you can see, the chair's finish is well worn. I recently had the leather reupholstered because it had torn. I should have gotten the wood refinished first but had gotten so used to its look that the thought never occurred to me until the brand new leather was added.

Mike 2019-06-01--003-S.jpg

Last edited:
I love listening to music and I love cooking. So, I suppose it's inevitable that I also love listening to music while I cook. I prepared this delicious lunch of air-fried avocado and avocado not fried while listening to chamber music.

Mike 2019-06-01--005-S.jpg

Last edited:
Real Name
Paul
On a typical day, I listen to classical music about 1 1/2 hours. To get everything "just right," I move this rocking chair to the place in the room relative to the speakers that produces the ideal listening experience. During my daily listening sessions, I do nothing but listen.

Though the chair is about 30 years old, it's just as stable as the day when it was brand new. That's rather remarkable considering that I don't think there has been a day when my wife and I are at home when at least one of us hasn't sat in it. However, as you can see, the chair's finish is well worn. I recently had the leather reupholstered because it had torn. I should have gotten the wood refinished first but had gotten so used to its look that the thought never occurred to me until the brand new leather was added.

View attachment 1639425
Nice shot and it's always wonderful to have a chair that you love to make an experience better. It's also great to have some "me time" to enjoy your listening.

Real Name
Paul
I don't do any critical listening to music any more, and mostly end up listening in the car (Sirius) or through ear protection while running the lawn tractor (using Amazon Prime), so my nice headphones are suffering from decaying foam...
cs-655-3441.jpg

Prudhoe Community Band, playing at Hexham Regatta:

1. J2_20190601_00.jpg

2. J2_20190601_07.jpg

Real Name
Andy
Life yields less and less time for me to enjoy music. Most of my listening is taken while on the run and my playing is infrequent, but this steadfast instrument is always ready, even if only to be captured in this image:
Music-1.jpg

Real Name
Paul
Went to dinner at a rib shack and they had a bunch of memorabilia on the wall. I Grabbed my cell (didn't have my camera and lighting was poor) and captured these two...

cs-655-170621.jpg

cs-655-170636.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom