CS #657 Water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Paul
On a walk with Charley this morning...
cs-657-3450.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

OK, so this one is going to be a little different...... I live right on a small "lake" (actually it's a storm retention pond but it sounds nicer to call it a lake), and so opportunities abound for me to take shots of water and ducks, geese, fish, turtles and whatever else in it or near it, right? But this....well, this has got to be a first (at least it is for me)!!! I am still giggling even as I type after having just processed the image that I shot this afternoon.

The "lake" is part of an overall community which includes the usual amenities: swimming pool, common grounds in which to walk, etc., etc. It is only four acres, so not a huge body of water, and it is framed by condominium apartment buildings (where I live) on one side and across the lake are condominium townhouses. From my living room and/or deck I can look across and see people's small patios and whatever plantings they've got there and so on. Most people have a charcoal or gas grill, some have a nice table and chairs or a chaise lounge, others plant vegetables and nurture tomato vines.....

I was startled today when I happened to look out my sliding glass door and saw something pink across the lake. I squinted, looked more carefully and realized that it was a largish bird of sorts, one which was contently floating, drifting as the wind gently blew him around in a small body of water -- i.e., a kiddie pool set up on the patio of the townhouse just across from me. OK, I've seen these guys planted in people's yards from time to time -- you know, the old cliche -- but this just really cracks me up!

Enjoying the Water.jpeg

Hey, he fits the theme, as that little pool indeed has water in it!! :D. :D

Real Name
Paul
OK, so this one is going to be a little different...... I live right on a small "lake" (actually it's a storm retention pond but it sounds nicer to call it a lake), and so opportunities abound for me to take shots of water and ducks, geese, fish, turtles and whatever else in it or near it, right? But this....well, this has got to be a first (at least it is for me)!!! I am still giggling even as I type after having just processed the image that I shot this afternoon.

The "lake" is part of an overall community which includes the usual amenities: swimming pool, common grounds in which to walk, etc., etc. It is only four acres, so not a huge body of water, and it is framed by condominium apartment buildings (where I live) on one side and across the lake are condominium townhouses. From my living room and/or deck I can look across and see people's small patios and whatever plantings they've got there and so on. Most people have a charcoal or gas grill, some have a nice table and chairs or a chaise lounge, others plant vegetables and nurture tomato vines.....

I was startled today when I happened to look out my sliding glass door and saw something pink across the lake. I squinted, looked more carefully and realized that it was a largish bird of sorts, one which was contently floating, drifting as the wind gently blew him around in a small body of water -- i.e., a kiddie pool set up on the patio of the townhouse just across from me. OK, I've seen these guys planted in people's yards from time to time -- you know, the old cliche -- but this just really cracks me up!

View attachment 1640321

Hey, he fits the theme, as that little pool indeed has water in it!! :D. :D
That made me smile... fun shot.

The flamingo is still languidly floating around in the pool this morning, but so far I have not yet seen any small child playing in the pool with him! I know there IS a child there, as one hot day about a week ago I saw two adults setting up the pool, using a hose to put water into it and then a woman and a little boy in the pool enjoying the cool water......

Yes, when I saw Mr Pink I just had to pull out the camera and grab a shot, as the sight just tickled my funny bone. Thought you guys would enjoy it, too!

Along the Mystic River (Connecticut):
HAL_1902_DxO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom