CS #661 - What's Growing Out There?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was listening to Marvin Gaye's iconic tune today, so I thought to title this CS "What's Growing On?", but thought better of that: perhaps some of you will catch my thought process. Please show us what is growing in your parts of the world: flowers, pets, trees, grains, grapes, grandchildren(and I'm looking at you, Terri!;)), etc., etc., etc.

I hope that this will attract many submissions, and those that "stretch" the theme will be especially welcome! I can't wait to see what you'll come up with.

The usual rules apply: shots taken from 12:01 a.m. Thursday July 11 through Wednesday 11:59 p.m. July 17, your local time; no more than 3 shots per post; family-friendly; you know the drill.

I've searched for a couple of really oldies to kick this off - the 2nd was shot with the Oly C-2100 UZ, and at 2.1 mega pixels, I was in digital heaven back in the day!

Eric

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Working on a salad.

I was listening to Marvin Gaye's iconic tune today, so I thought to title this CS "What's Growing On?", but thought better of that: perhaps some of you will catch my thought process. Please show us what is growing in your parts of the world: flowers, pets, trees, grains, grapes, grandchildren(and I'm looking at you, Terri!;)), etc., etc., etc.

I hope that this will attract many submissions, and those that "stretch" the theme will be especially welcome! I can't wait to see what you'll come up with.

The usual rules apply: shots taken from 12:01 a.m. Thursday July 11 through Wednesday 11:59 p.m. July 17, your local time; no more than 3 shots per post; family-friendly; you know the drill.

I've searched for a couple of really oldies to kick this off - the 2nd was shot with the Oly C-2100 UZ, and at 2.1 mega pixels, I was in digital heaven back in the day!

Eric

View attachment 1641572

View attachment 1641569
Interesting theme and great examples Eric. I don't shoot much of flowers/trees/vegetation, so it'll take me out of my comfort zone a bit (unless I fall back to pets :) ).

On this hot day in the Grand Valley, we drove up to Turkey Flats (in the Grand Mesa National Forest) with a retired botanist who'd recently had a stroke and his companion. I was told a lot about the flora, and hope that I can remember a bit. I'd never seen so many wild onions before; we also found many columbines around 9,000 ft.

Most of our plants have finished blooming for the year but, the weeds in untended areas continue to grow:

Real Name
Andy
This shoot provided me inspiration to experiment with the Meyer-Optik Orestor 100mm f/2.8

Most of our plants have finished blooming for the year but, the weeds in untended areas continue to grow:

View attachment 1641598
Ya' know, Dave - someone once told me that weeds are simply plants growing in areas where they are not wanted . . . Of course, often they can also be a pain in the backside, but your sensitive shot has a sympathetic bent to it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom