CS #664 - My town

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome to Collective Shoot #664
~My Town~
August 1 -- August 7, 2019

Where you post pictures taken between Thursday (August1) starting at 12:00AM (your time zone) running thru Midnight of the following Wednesday (August 7) (your time zone)

Share with us views of your town---the good, the bad and the ugly, and everything in between. What makes it home for you? What is is known for? What can you make fun of?

Here are some archived shots to get you primed. (I realized I don't have many pictures of Moscow . . . . )

1. Panoramic view from the south.
PANO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. The Old High School, now the 1912 Building, a "community center"
Copy of MosWin04.jpg

3. University of Idaho, Morrill Hall (it's a Land Grant Campus) on the left, the Old Memorual Gym on the right, and some new monstrosity (physics) center.
PCEI0a8.jpg

4. Old barn on the city/state line. Probably the first DSLR shot I took. The barn is now mostly gone. Shot in 2000?
trial0051Palouse.JPG

5. Every prairie has its castles.
Moscow07.jpg

6. An earlier incarnation of BoookPeople of Moscow, an independent book store that is almost 45 years old. My wife spending my our hard-earned money!
MosWin36.jpg

Now, do like me and go out and shoot (but first, coffee).

Last edited:
Love this theme.....We are trying to get ready to go on vacation to Redfish. It's probably my second home since I've spent 10 days there every year for the past 32 years. Can I use that as "My Town"? I probably won't have much time to photograph anything here in Idaho Falls between now the time we leave, but I will try.

Love this theme.....We are trying to get ready to go on vacation to Redfish. It's probably my second home since I've spent 10 days there every year for the past 32 years. Can I use that as "My Town"? I probably won't have much time to photograph anything here in Idaho Falls between now the time we leave, but I will try.
Sure, second homes count too! Besides, I love Redfish too!

We've done this theme before (I hosted), but nothing wrong with doing it again. I'll try to participate and I look forward to everyone else's contributions.

We've done this theme before (I hosted), but nothing wrong with doing it again. I'll try to participate and I look forward to everyone else's contributions.
Yeah I remember that, but with all these new whippersnappers here, and us old, mature types with new gear, It's time for some armchair travel!

Quintessential Vancouver! All that beach and no people.
I had to google it, apparently some nonsense about people being at work :D
Spanish banks beach 2019.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom