CS #666 - Autumn is Coming

Welcome to my long-delayed collective shoot event. The name comes from the Game of Thrones catch phrase, Winter is Coming, but seasonally adjusted. Where I live Autumn is mostly ignored - it goes right from Summer into Winter, but there are a couple weeks where it's real nice. We call that Autumn. Autumn is coming also references the coming conflict and resolution the season brings.

As you may know, I shoot primarily film, and so I will start this shoot off with a film image. I just set up my film developing area in the new house today, and so, instead of the day shot, I will post on the day developed for filmy pictures. Please post your own pictures in this (interpretive) theme in this thread.

Here is my Autumn is Coming #1:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Thanks Ron, the subject is wide open, it doesn't need to be seasonal, but rain sure sounds like fall to me! I'd love to see some rain.

Hey menbrial! Yeah, summer is here, it's gonna be 111F today in central Arizona. Autumn can't fall in fast enough for me.

Autumn is a good time for a hearty breakfast. Here's a three egg omelett still on the stove:

For my job, I’m busy getting fall t-shirts posted on our company’s website as well as many other online retailers. (PS. This is not an advertisement!)
0274E468-B4FC-4831-80DE-736BFF86B770.jpeg

First images in weeks....thanks ATT for hooking me up to the Internet

Shadow Angel playing trumpet for the flower. Yes flower is blown out and out of focus....so sue me....I still like the shadow!

Chris!!!

It's so good to see you and your inimitable style back at the Café! Thanks for hosting yet another CS.

Yes, "Autumn is Coming" but, as fellow Coloradan Jean-Luc (menbrial) mentioned, the seasons here are rather delayed; I'll offer some evidence from yesterday on a hike up to Ice Lake, where the wildflowers were as thick and gorgeous as I've ever seen. It's an iPhone snap, but I wasn't about to lug any Nikon gear up to 12,300' with a 2,400' elevation gain over the 3.8 mile climb.:eek:

"It's Only Late Spring" in the CO high country:

Shadow Angel playing trumpet for the flower. Yes flower is blown out and out of focus....so sue me....I still like the shadow!

View attachment 1643944

View attachment 1643944

View attachment 1643945

View attachment 1643945
I'll bet that you're glad to have fast connectivity again, Ed! Happy that the new digs are finally getting squared away . . .

This is my daily walking scene.
Relevance to topic are the reeds which are quite tall this time of year.
River has many islands of vegetation and water level is low as well now.
DSC_0004.jpg

West prong of the Little Pigeon River in eastern Tennessee.
Smokey Mountains on horizon....Dollywood is just a few miles away.​

View attachment 1643947

Looks to be a beautiful environment, Ed - in all four seasons. Good onya, I say.

Hi Ed,

I won't sue you cos I like the shadow too! It's just as you describe,. The head even looks like it has a halo on it! Great symbolism!

View attachment 1643944

View attachment 1643945
Now there's Fall in a nutshell. Death of new growth, as immortallized in the Stones song, Dead Flowers. Well done!

View attachment 1643947

And another one, gone to seed. Great Autumnal stuff!

Hey Eric, it's great to be back! I've retired, so the only chemicals I get on my hands anymore are photo chemicals. Gone are the days of standardizing by titration - I strictly eyeball it from now on!

Your flowers are lovely. I haven't been to Colorado for way too long, something I hope to remedy soon. You and menbrial are right. Here in the American West, the seasons seem to have shifted about a month late. Here in Arizona (our states touch in precisely one point) we didn't hit 100 degrees until June! In the past, it has been as early as late March, but this year, we had one of the mildest Springs I can remember. But here it is, mid August, and we are still seeing it over 110 most days! Again, in past years, it has settled into the low 100s by this date. I expect we will see a 100 degree Halloween ... :(

I think I could use a little mountain air about now.

Chris!!!

It's so good to see you and your inimitable style back at the Café! Thanks for hosting yet another CS.

Yes, "Autumn is Coming" but, as fellow Coloradan Jean-Luc (menbrial) mentioned, the seasons here are rather delayed; I'll offer some evidence from yesterday on a hike up to Ice Lake, where the wildflowers were as thick and gorgeous as I've ever seen. It's an iPhone snap, but I wasn't about to lug any Nikon gear up to 12,300' with a 2,400' elevation gain over the 3.8 mile climb.:eek:

View attachment 1643946

Chris!!!

View attachment 1643946
Tha's not bad for a phone shot!! The background blur isn't perfect, but the flowers sure look beautiful!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom