CS #670 - These are a few of my favorite things

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Chris
favoritethings01.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's been a rough week for me health wise, and this snuggly blanket (one of my favorite things) has kept me cozy in a chilly house (Greg did turn on the fireplace for me last night). I've almost worn out this blanket. So, it's time to start watching for a new one. I decided that even though I am sick, I can sneak in a few photos around the house. Of course, my favorite
things are not things at all....
_DSC1083.jpg

Real Name
Chris
boxesinthegarage.jpg

I moved 9 months ago and and a lot of my favorite things are still in boxes ...

Real Name
Chris
My pocket operators:
mypocketoperators.jpg

Every now and then I need a sound effect, or some sort of audio interjection. This super-configurable synth does a good job of providing that. Plus it's fun to play with!

Having been an industrial maintenance technician for 25+ years, I have collected a few tools. I need another toolbox......

1E1DC264-F97E-4191-95B7-DA11765FF397.jpeg

Real Name
Chris
This looks like my garage after 5 years.....
28 years of marriage, 24 years of homeschooling 5 kids, we had a looooooot of books. My wife was reluctant to part with any of them. We finally were able to thin the crowd and donate several boxes.

I hear ya V. All the boxes on the right are books, and a good number have already been absorbed into my new house. I lived in the old house since 1979, and bought a LOT of books in that time. Two burglaries in tht time thinned my camera collection to manageable levels, for some reason the thieves never stole a single book!

Now I'm not really a hoarder, but I cannot throw away a book - it's offensive to me! However I have a big neighborhood garage sale coming up in a month, and I need to make this collection MUCH smaller after that (so I can fit it into my new house. Books shall be sold!

Having been an industrial maintenance technician for 25+ years, I have collected a few tools. I need another toolbox......

View attachment 1646043

Now I'm jelly. I've got a few tools, but ... Wow!

We don't throw them away either. We had hopes that the kids would take them when they moved out. They took some, but not nearly as many as we hoped they would.
Sorry to hear about burglaries; we have had one true burglary and that was from a storage unit we used to keep stuff to lighten the house when we were trying to sell it. They took mostly furniture, nothing like camera equipment. I had one camera and a video camera stolen from me at Houston Airport in baggage claim and that made me so sick. There were still photos and videos on there that we hadn't saved yet.

Now I'm jelly. I've got a few tools, but ... Wow!

What's funny is that there are still things I want to get ? Kind of like camera gear. There's never enough! ?

Chris that is a rather neater garage than mine. I hear you about books. My wife and I are in the downsizing time of life, and books are so hard to get rid of--especially as we continue to buy more!

Real Name
Paul
CS #670 - - These are a few of my favorite things

Post photos taken between 12 am Setember 12, 2019 (local time) and Midtnight, Thursday, September 18 (local time).

Post away!
Interesting theme Klaus. I hope to get some time to shoot. My brother had a stroke last Tuesday, and my life has been upside down lately. Going to the hospital, taking care of his house, talking to doctors (as he was unable to speak much for a while), etc. Fortunately, he is doing better, and is in rehab. A little less stressful now, but still awfully busy.

A real wake-up call for us, BTW, to make sure we are "prepared" better for such events. My wife and I have power of attorney setup for finances and healthcare. But realized that, in the case of an emergency, where one of us is incapacitated, it is good to make sure the other person has access to online accounts to be able to pay credit cards, utilities, etc. For us, I often take care of the bills, so my wife doesn't have access to some of the accounts, or knows when notices occur for due dates.

Paul, wishing you all the best at this difficult time. Wake-up calls are a fact of life at our age, like 'em or not. Best to be prepared, and while it isn't a basket of fun to do, preparedness makes for a much easier time of crises.

Our 32-year-old Amana refrigerator has been one of my favorite things, but today it was collected for recycling.
That one guy did the whole job, including going down the stairs to the driveway. Of course he is about as big as the 'fridge.
JZ6_0269.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom