CS #671 - f/8 and be there...

This is a good theme which allows scope for lots of subjects. My photos will not be as interesting as that of Gordon, I'm afraid.

Today my wife and I led our hiking group on a walk on a new section of the Huckleberry Trail which runs from Christiansburg to Blacksburg and out the north side of Blacksburg to the Jefferson National Forest.

We walked through pastures full of contented cows,
View attachment 1646441

through a pine forest,
View attachment 1646442

...and across an elaborate new boardwalk.
View attachment 1646443
Picturesque and looks like a calm place to walk.

This is a good theme which allows scope for lots of subjects. My photos will not be as interesting as that of Gordon, I'm afraid.

Today my wife and I led our hiking group on a walk on a new section of the Huckleberry Trail which runs from Christiansburg to Blacksburg and out the north side of Blacksburg to the Jefferson National Forest.

We walked through pastures full of contented cows,
View attachment 1646441

through a pine forest,
View attachment 1646442

...and across an elaborate new boardwalk.
View attachment 1646443
Good stuff as usual, Jim. My snaps won't come close to Gordo's intro either, yet . . . at least for me, the CS is about getting a bit of a kick in the butt to take the camera out with us, yes? Great to see more evidence of your recovery too!

I stopped in to the village of Ravenstonedale on my way home today. These pics are of St Oswald's Church there. It was built in the 1700s using a lot of material from an earlier church on the same site. It is unusual inside in that the seating is arranged more along college lecture theatre lines, facing inward to the central aisle, with a triple level pulpit about half way down one side. I thought the interior was quite a bit gloomier than normal, even for a church, but the D750 was again able to cope.

View attachment 1646444St Oswald's Church by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1646445St Oswald's Church 2 by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1646446St Oswald's Church 3 by warth man, on Flickr
Ron - Your perspectives, treatments, leading lines, etc. in each of these are simply spot on. Excellent work.

Given Gordo's f/8 CS subject, I figured that I should also go old school with a 50 mm (i.e., the "foot zoom") lens as I was "being there". We went on a late afternoon hike in Bangs Canyon, headed to a Mica mine that produced up until ca. 1990(?). Three snaps below, and, given the CS "rule" of three snaps per post, I'll add a 4th subsequently.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

One final snap of a bit of the mine's namesake. And yes, I adhered to the BLM rules that require that no one remove any artifacts of any kind ;)

Well, I'm scrambling for a shot. Wanted to get out for some landscape, but I decided to wait a bit more for mosquito bites on my feet to heal enough I can wear socks and shoes without re-aggravating the bites. May have to wait until tomorrow. Trying to get something worth posting from inside this evening.

Gave in and shot something simple. Another single light source (other than the monitor). Listening spot (for now), dust and all. Z6, 50/3.5, f/8, 1/8s.

Given Gordo's f/8 CS subject, I figured that I should also go old school with a 50 mm (i.e., the "foot zoom") lens as I was "being there". We went on a late afternoon hike in Bangs Canyon, headed to a Mica mine that produced up until ca. 1990(?). Three snaps below, and, given the CS "rule" of three snaps per post, I'll add a 4th subsequently.

View attachment 1646473

View attachment 1646474

View attachment 1646475
Amazing landscape. I like the pic of the flake too.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom