CS #671 - f/8 and be there...

f/8 and failure. Tried to get some "hands" themed shots. Not able to get the right angle and keep the light where I wanted it. Once I get my life decluttered I'll be getting a basic lighting kit so I can have more control.

Not what I was going for...
original.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I did some more processing on a few other images from the same night as "Tired". This one is close, may try a little more with it, the web jpg has some area around the neckline that needs to be cleaned up. And this was significantly easier than the attempted hands shots.
original.jpg

Deer in the yard a few minutes ago, she has two little ones with her, they come for our pears and apples. f/8.
deer3-9-22-19.jpg

The before mentioned kit I use these days: Nikon Z7 with the MF Nikkors 16/3.5 fisheye, 35/2, 135/3.5 Q Auto. Photo taken using a D750 + AF Nikkor 28mm 1:1.4D, set to f/8, of course.

When Mayla's 9 year old cousin Janis stays over night (my wife being his godmother), we Always get out the wooden play trains ("Brio" / Brio-Bahn, anyone?) from the basement. They like to play together, of course, and whenever they can: Nothing beats these railroads ;) It's always my job to come up with new track plans, and hey... I'm a boy, or not?

All at 135mm, f8.

Yesterday's track layout, station occupied :)
Mayla and Janis, train drivers

Bridges gone mad
Something new, every now and then

Engineers discussing at the engine sheds

Sometimes f8 isn't there. This photo is lacking in depth of field in the foreground at f8. I misjudged the aperture needed to get the shot fully in focus. Maybe if I had focused on the fence instead of the trees it would have been enough. Hopefully I'll be back in Grand Teton National Park next week and I can experiment further.

When Mayla's 9 year old cousin Janis stays over night (my wife being his godmother), we Always get out the wooden play trains ("Brio" / Brio-Bahn, anyone?) from the basement. They like to play together, of course, and whenever they can: Nothing beats these railroads ;) It's always my job to come up with new track plans, and hey... I'm a boy, or not?

All at 135mm, f8.

Yesterday's track layout, station occupied :)
Mayla and Janis, train drivers

View attachment 1646601

Bridges gone mad
Something new, every now and then

View attachment 1646602

Engineers discussing at the engine sheds

View attachment 1646603
Ah I remember the days of being that carefree. This is a fun series Roland.

Sometimes f8 isn't there. This photo is lacking in depth of field in the foreground at f8. I misjudged the aperture needed to get the shot fully in focus. Maybe if I had focused on the fence instead of the trees it would have been enough. Hopefully I'll be back in Grand Teton National Park next week and I can experiment further.

View attachment 1646605
You're right about it sometimes not being enough, but to be honest, when I first viewed the image I was paying attention to the beautiful treeline and those dramatic mountains. Beautiful image.

Storms trying to build this afternoon, a little rain in the mountains but nothing here. Z6, 50/3.5 @ f/8

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom