CS #671 - f/8 and be there...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of us have heard the phrase.

Generally attributed to (but maybe someone else or not at all) Arthur Fellig aka Weegee. Know for using a Speed Graphic and producing stark B&W street photography.

Pick your camera/ lens, set to F/8, and shoot away.

Keep it simple. Maybe shoot some landscape. Or add some difficulty and shoot street/ documentary in a chiaroscuro style if you'd like. Shooters choice.

Standard CS rules apply, shoot between 1201am Thursday and 1200pm next Wednesday your local time zone.

Most of all, have fun and enjoy the company.

This is a good theme which allows scope for lots of subjects. My photos will not be as interesting as that of Gordon, I'm afraid.

Today my wife and I led our hiking group on a walk on a new section of the Huckleberry Trail which runs from Christiansburg to Blacksburg and out the north side of Blacksburg to the Jefferson National Forest.

We walked through pastures full of contented cows,
JZ6_0289-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

through a pine forest,
JZ6_0294-XL.jpg

...and across an elaborate new boardwalk.
JZ6_0301-X4.jpg

This is a good theme which allows scope for lots of subjects. My photos will not be as interesting as that of Gordon, I'm afraid.

Today my wife and I led our hiking group on a walk on a new section of the Huckleberry Trail which runs from Christiansburg to Blacksburg and out the north side of Blacksburg to the Jefferson National Forest.

View attachment 1646441

through a pine forest,
View attachment 1646442

View attachment 1646443

Very nice Jim and, gosh, when you boys build a boardwalk you certainly build a boardwalk!

I stopped in to the village of Ravenstonedale on my way home today. These pics are of St Oswald's Church there. It was built in the 1700s using a lot of material from an earlier church on the same site. It is unusual inside in that the seating is arranged more along college lecture theatre lines, facing inward to the central aisle, with a triple level pulpit about half way down one side. I thought the interior was quite a bit gloomier than normal, even for a church, but the D750 was again able to cope.

48760191128_b1f064913d_h.jpg
St Oswald's Church by warth man, on Flickr

48760699987_276da012e0_h.jpg
St Oswald's Church 2 by warth man, on Flickr

48760514511_0826f60270_h.jpg
St Oswald's Church 3 by warth man, on Flickr

I stopped in to the village of Ravenstonedale on my way home today. These pics are of St Oswald's Church there. It was built in the 1700s using a lot of material from an earlier church on the same site. It is unusual inside in that the seating is arranged more along college lecture theatre lines, facing inward to the central aisle, with a triple level pulpit about half way down one side. I thought the interior was quite a bit gloomier than normal, even for a church, but the D750 was again able to cope.

You have a lot of history to photograph over there Ron, and you did a great job with these. I enjoyed your B&W conversions.

You have a lot of history to photograph over there Ron, and you did a great job with these. I enjoyed your B&W conversions.
Thank you Jim. It's a church I hadn't visited before so I was totally unprepared for the unusual seating arrangement. I think it may actually be better that way, at least for the purposes of delivering and receiving the message.

View attachment 1646441

through a pine forest,
View attachment 1646442

View attachment 1646443

Thanks Jim, although I'm afraid most of the rest of the week will likely be boring shots from my end. :)

Beautiful area to take a walk, love the photos. That boardwalk looks really nice.

View attachment 1646444 St Oswald's Church by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1646445 St Oswald's Church 2 by warth man, on Flickr

View attachment 1646446 St Oswald's Church 3 by warth man, on Flickr

Love the older architecture like this. Nice work on the photos, the processing works well IMHO.

Gordon: that is most dramatic photograph--well conceived and shot.
Jim: That boardwalk is quite the construction, and f/8 does it justice.
Ron: Nothing quite like old English churches--simple and functional. I bet that seating arrangement lets parishioners keep an eye on each other!
West: A b&w cat---half a dose of bad luck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom