CS #672 - Circles and Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Chris
Pumpkin waffles on a circle plate. I willing Fall to come to Texas. It was ~95F today.

View attachment 1647036DSC_0933 by Kyle McMurphy, on Flickr
Mmmmm, I'd love me some Beglan waffles Kyle! The broken circular symmetry really fits the subject perfectly. So does the color.

It was close to 95 here today, but as long as it's under a hundred all through October, I'll be happy.

Well done automotive circles Connie. Plus you got the aforementioned Audi logo, very 3D looking.

I really like your new avatar too!
Thanks, Chris! Yeah, ever since the earlier discussion I've been kind of on the lookout for one or the other or both of our neighborhood Audis to be at home sitting around, and today was the day! :). Well, this one was home, anyway. She posed nicely for me, didn't move at all, was patient while I experimented with just the right angle and perspective. :). I was also being mindful not to inadvertently get the owner's license plate and info in there..... At one point I approached from a slightly different angle and realized, "oh, yeah, this is it, here we go!" and decided it was far more interesting than the heads-on direct angle I'd been shooting earlier. Yep, that's an Audi alright, and she's just really proud to be an Audi! :). LOL! (I've ridden in her once and she's a lovely, smooth drive with lots of fancy amenities, but....well, not the car brand for which I'd be searching on my next car purchase; I'm still an Acura girl!).

Yeah, I'm rather happy with my new avatar, too -- I was long overdue for a change and it occurred to me that the colorful image I'd just included in this CS would be perfect for the circular framing....had to tinker a little to get everything more-or-less just right, but now this will represent me for a while!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
Thanks, Chris! Yeah, ever since the earlier discussion I've been kind of on the lookout for one or the other or both of our neighborhood Audis to be at home sitting around, and today was the day! :). Well, this one was home, anyway. She posed nicely for me, didn't move at all, was patient while I experimented with just the right angle and perspective. :). I was also being mindful not to inadvertently get the owner's license plate and info in there..... At one point I approached from a slightly different angle and realized, "oh, yeah, this is it, here we go!" and decided it was far more interesting than the heads-on direct angle I'd been shooting earlier. Yep, that's an Audi alright, and she's just really proud to be an Audi! :). LOL! (I've ridden in her once and she's a lovely, smooth drive with lots of fancy amenities, but....well, not the car brand for which I'd be searching on my next car purchase; I'm still an Acura girl!).

Yeah, I'm rather happy with my new avatar, too -- I was long overdue for a change and it occurred to me that the colorful image I'd just included in this CS would be perfect for the circular framing....had to tinker a little to get everything more-or-less just right, but now this will represent me for a while!
Connie!
What happened to your jellyfish?

Kind regards
Klaus

For OF2019, I want to shoot a Leica Summilux-R where focus is turned the opposite direction compared to Nikon MF glass.

Trying to get my MF skills trained back to work the other way round. And to work faster, so I can not only shoot static things that are asleep and shock frozen, from tripod...
Well, not so much calling 'skills' what I have. I'd better just call the usable shots 'spontaneous absence of utter failure happened by chance'... :)

Happened to get a 2 circles in a circle in a square by doing so.

Tired @ f/1.7

(Summilux-R 1.4/80 @ f/1.7)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
For OF2019, I want to shoot a Leica Summilux-R where focus is turned the opposite direction compared to Nikon MF glass.

Trying to get my MF skills trained back to work the other way round. And to work faster, so I can not only shoot static things that are asleep and shock frozen, from tripod...
Well, not so much calling 'skills' what I have. I'd better just call the usable shots 'spontaneous absence of utter failure happened by chance'... :)

Happened to get a 2 circles in a circle in a square by doing so.

Tired @ f/1.7

(Summilux-R 1.4/80 @ f/1.7)

View attachment 1647076
Dude. You've got skillz. Your son portrays "tired" excellently. He's either a method actor, or he's actually tired. Either way, you caught it perfectly.

Hey, now that it's been revealed that you go by Roli (on Instagram - or in Switzerland?) do you want us to call you that here? ;)

Real Name
Chris
Roland threw the gauntlet, so I've got to pick it up with ...

Intent

I had my settings jacked up at the beginning of the day and didn’t realize it right away, so I had to do some recovery work on this picture, but here is one of them driving around :)

Dude. You've got skillz. Your son portrays "tired" excellently. He's either a method actor, or he's actually tired. Either way, you caught it perfectly.

Hey, now that it's been revealed that you go by Roli (on Instagram - or in Switzerland?) do you want us to call you that here? ;)
What ever you like, I'll react to both :) I'm fine. In swiss german local dialect, daily, Roli is what most use...

Mayla's schoolmate sent best wishes for a quick recovery of wife/mum. Self made, well self decorated cookies, chocolate topping as glue, smarties. Circles, ellipses... 3D lentils.

All the best

20190930_125213.jpg

Summilux-R 1.4/80 @ 5.6

Mayla, ready to eat them all

20190930_125113.jpg

20190930_125031.jpg

both with
Summilux-R 1.4/80 @ 5.6

(and: I got some, too... sorry Mayla ;) )

Do tubes qualify?

Playground

Circles are anything round, elipses, ovals, spheres, various conic sections, blobs with convex curvature ... a very loose definition. Wheels refer to things that roll, or personal transportation devices.

Here's a starter picture:
View attachment 1646780
Geez, Chris . . . look at all the amazing images that your CS has attracted! You chose an excellent theme - thanks, buddy.

We were away, and seeing Chris's CS in full bloom, I went into the backyard this afternoon for a few snaps. The Maximilians blowing in the wind reminded me of the old sci-fi movie "The Day of the Triffids" :D; the 2nd is simply an ancient paperweight globe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom