CS #672 - Circles and Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Chris
Mayla's schoolmate sent best wishes for a quick recovery of wife/mum. Self made, well self decorated cookies, chocolate topping as glue, smarties. Circles, ellipses... 3D lentils.

All the best

View attachment 1647083

Summilux-R 1.4/80 @ 5.6

Mayla, ready to eat them all

View attachment 1647082

View attachment 1647084

both with
Summilux-R 1.4/80 @ 5.6

(and: I got some, too... sorry Mayla ;) )
Absolutely Kaleidoscopic! Your daughter's symmetry, only broken in the color of the candies, is perfection! The lady bugs cap it off nicely. (Plus, they look yummy!)

Real Name
Chris
We were away, and seeing Chris's CS in full bloom, I went into the backyard this afternoon for a few snaps. The Maximilians blowing in the wind reminded me of the old sci-fi movie "The Day of the Triffids" :D; the 2nd is simply an ancient paperweight globe.

View attachment 1647122

View attachment 1647123
Thanks Eric. I totally stole the topic, from ... every list of artistic categories, ever.
My inspiration came from hearing Jose Feliciano sing the song Windmills of Your Mind.

The glass globe is incredible - how did you get so much clarity through the glass? And is the color from polarization?

Real Name
Chris
BTW, exactly the type of train I shot last CS... :)
I saw that, and appreciated the similarity to my grandson's set. Trains seem to be very popular with the 2/3 yo set. My son loved them at that age too.

Royce keeps his track and various trains in a drawer in my room so he can get it out to play with on his rug and leave it set up without getting in anyone's way.
And there's a lot of circular stuff in thee too:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Looks like a crash is coming up. In fact it's inevitable, some of those trains are going off the track. ;\

42-inch diameter pipe sections for the Mountain Valley natural gas pipeline (also showing the gash cut in the national forest). These pipe sections have been lying here for over a year and no work has been done.

Back in the day, the fore-fathers of hipsters used to say, "Tubular man."

It was adapetd from surfer lingo, but tot'ly approps here. Your depth of field is spot on.
Thank you - I like to stop down the 1.4D just a bit. Nice to have 1.4 when needed, but the cream machine gets sharper while still holding up very nice out of focus rendering, when stopped down. And the images just 'pop' more when things are sharper where needed...
I saw that, and appreciated the similarity to my grandson's set. Trains seem to be very popular with the 2/3 yo set. My son loved them at that age too.

Royce keeps his track and various trains in a drawer in my room so he can get it out to play with on his rug and leave it set up without getting in anyone's way.
And there's a lot of circular stuff in thee too:
View attachment 1647175
Looks like a crash is coming up. In fact it's inevitable, some of those trains are going off the track. ;\
Terrific shot!
I like these, especially the first one.
Thanks Jim.
42-inch diameter pipe sections for the Mountain Valley natural gas pipeline (also showing the gash cut in the national forest). These pipe sections have been lying here for over a year and no work has been done.

Yiiikes, worms!! :)

Real Name
Andy
I very nearly posted this as my Day 1 Octoberfest image, but since it fits the CS theme, here it is...

Real Name
Chris

Interesting story Jim. Looks like some expensive stuff to just let lie around. For high-spec work, they will probablyu have to scrap it due to exposure, and buy some new pipe. Oh well, commerce in action I suppose. The into/out of the picture composition is well done.

Real Name
Chris
This was on my wife's work table:

Some approximate circles here:

And real circles here:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom