CS #672 - Circles and Wheels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Real Name
Chris
Circles are anything round, elipses, ovals, spheres, various conic sections, blobs with convex curvature ... a very loose definition. Wheels refer to things that roll, or personal transportation devices.

Here's a starter picture:
dreamcatcher.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cheap 'solution' for a start...

Almost non-moving watch
In the waiting room, of the hospital, station to wake up after surgery - waiting until I can see my wife

20190926_151947.jpg

Real Name
Paul
Cheap 'solution' for a start...

Almost non-moving watch
In the waiting room, of the hospital, station to wake up after surgery - waiting until I can see my wife

View attachment 1646782
A good way to make use of your "time". :) I hope the surgery was routine! I've seen way more of hospitals and rehab centers in the past 30 days...with my brother's stroke.

It's Time for another Collective, the Collective must be obeyed :droid:
watch seiko.JPG

I hope the surgery was routine! I've seen way more of hospitals and rehab centers in the past 30 days...with my brother's stroke.
Thx for asking and all the best to your brother and family.

As much as there is routine, yes. Sorta. My sister in law suffered from breast cancer 9y ago when pregnant with my wife's godson. And again last summer, other side. She is fine now.
That of course remembered my father in law of his sister lost early to ovary cancer in her late twenties or thirties - my wife never knew her aunt. And of other women among his relatives that suffered or died from breast or ovary cancer, and did so when very young.

Testing found they have a gene anomaly/mutation in his family that predestinates female carriers to develop these types of cancer. My sister in law was tested positive and decided to undergo mastectomy. 2x is well enough, going through chemo and radiation. A plastic surgeon / prof reconstructs breast anatomy by transplanting one's own tissue from somewhere else - a long and complicated thing to do.

My wife has not suffered from cancer. But she decided to do the same her sister did. She is positive as well and has a 5 out of 6 chance to get cancer early. Same hospital, same prof, not quite the same procedure as they could use different tissue. She had her surgery yesterday, and it turned out extremely complicated - not risky per se, just long (around 8 hrs. instead of the planned 5 to 6, which would be long already).

Today morning, as on one side the blood could not flow out properly, they had to find and connect an extra vein which took another 4 hrs. All within less than 36 hrs., that is a long time under anaesthetic. The surgeon looked tired too, of course.

She is fine now and safe. Just very very tired, of course.

I don't want anyone to look sheepish and it is not meant fishing pity or compassion. But it helped me now to sit down and type.

I'll be part time house-man for about 8 weeks. Positive, I spend family time and can shoot for Octoberfest :)

Real Name
Paul
Thx for asking and all the best to your brother and family.

As much as there is routine, yes. Sorta. My sister in law suffered from breast cancer 9y ago when pregnant with my wife's godson. And again last summer, other side. She is fine now.
That of course remembered my father in law of his sister lost early to ovary cancer in her late twenties or thirties - my wife never knew her aunt. And of other women among his relatives that suffered or died from breast or ovary cancer, and did so when very young.

Testing found they have a gene anomaly/mutation in his family that predestinates female carriers to develop these types of cancer. My sister in law was tested positive and decided to undergo mastectomy. 2x is well enough, going through chemo and radiation. A plastic surgeon / prof reconstructs breast anatomy by transplanting one's own tissue from somewhere else - a long and complicated thing to do.

My wife has not suffered from cancer. But she decided to do the same her sister did. She is positive as well and has a 5 out of 6 chance to get cancer early. Same hospital, same prof, not quite the same procedure as they could use different tissue. She had her surgery yesterday, and it turned out extremely complicated - not risky per se, just long (around 8 hrs. instead of the planned 5 to 6, which would be long already).

Today morning, as on one side the blood could not flow out properly, they had to find and connect an extra vein which took another 4 hrs. All within less than 36 hrs., that is a long time under anaesthetic. The surgeon looked tired too, of course.

She is fine now and safe. Just very very tired, of course.

I don't want anyone to look sheepish and it is not meant fishing pity or compassion. But it helped me now to sit down and type.

I'll be part time house-man for about 8 weeks. Positive, I spend family time and can shoot for Octoberfest :)
Wow! Hoping the best for her and a quick recovery. This stuff is sooo stressful. Stay positive and we'll all be thinking of you and your wife.

Fall rains started today, wife is out of town, it's 2 pm and I'm still in my jammies and robe :happy::whistle:. So inside shots for now.

1. Did my time, 16 hours and 15 minutes to be exact, watching the Ken Burns Country Music show on PBS. Here is my homage to the music I like. Fits this theme like a glove a well worn slip case!

Circ5_Nik_DxO.jpg

2. Circle basket corralling some circular fruit.

Circ6_DxO.jpg

3. The world through the eyes of a happy retiree - - - I mean through the bottom of a steamer basket.

Circ9_DxO.jpg

Not perfect circles, but close.

JZ6_0361-X4.jpg

JZ6_0360-X4.jpg

Right now, I'm surfing the boards an listening to...

A perfect circle ?

Not many pictures taken, today. Went to hospital, visiting my wife, with the children for the first time. Went good, they were both very careful, quite and calm in the hospital (we had now clue how 1.5 yrs old Luca would handle seeing mum in bed, with all those tubes, canules, bags and stuff…)

Back to Mayla's dancing course (funny to look at, they're all just 5 yrs. old, so.... funny ;) ), dinner, bed. Tiring day.

Stuff on the table, round, somehow...

D75_8637_v1.JPG

Not a perfect circle, but it's close. Saw it on my walk this morning. Last week they opened up a 180 acre walking, biking, running, snow shoeing area a very short distance from my house. I've been walking there all week, had it all to myself this morning.
stump-9-27-19.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom