CS #674 - Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had some flurries today...
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
Chris
The Texture of Glass

Real Name
Chris
The Texture of My Desk

Real Name
Chris
I decided to move fast and light for my morning walk today, so this photo is not from a Nikon; I hope that's OK!

View attachment 1649520
I like how, on the left side of the picture, it's micro texture showing the pits and gravely nature of the material, while on the right side you show the ridges and lines of the architecture. It would work well in vertical orientation too.

Thanks for hosting again, Nick - especially after that kinda exhausting Octoberfest. I came across some scaly texture this morning in the form of a green iguana at the Morikami Japanese Gardens in Florida.

View attachment 1649527
I love the iguana! I can practically feel the beaded skin. I will need to look more closely for wild life the next time we go to the Japanese Friendship Garden.

Not a great example, but all I have right now is ... clay

View attachment 1649535
And wonderful clay it is! The color., light and composition in that photo are very soothing!

Real Name
Chris
That scene looks so desolate and alien! I've been to the Patton dunes in southern California often, but they don't have the stark look you've captured. Well done!

I had the shutter speed and ISO cranked up in hopes of getting some BIF images today (didn't get any), and captured this example of textures in the trees and water instead.
View attachment 1649568
The water surface and leaves are pretty much opposite/contrasting textures. A wonderful combo!

Great mix of textures in both of those Paul. The one with the lichen and acorn is really special.

Wow Connie, the lighting brings out the translucence of the rattan perfectly and colorfully.

Thanks, Rick,Chris, Nick and Andy! It was one of those photo ops spotted by accident. I had gone into my second bedroom for something and noticed the interesting patterns that the shadows were making from the rattan wastebasket reflecting on the white carpeting and my mind thought -- "texture!" Grabbed the iPhone XS (the iPhone 11 Pro was on the charger) and took a few shots but they didn't seem be as appealing as I'd thought. Oh, well.... but as I turned to leave the room I realized how the sun was also shining through the rattan and backlighting it, producing not only texture but intriguing color. I promptly sat down on the floor and started shooting away. The iPhone makes a dandy little macro camera!

Real Name
Andy
Turtle Texture. I was very lucky to spot this gopher turtle yesterday. He had paused just short of the entrance to his home in the ground and stayed still for numerous frames.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom