CS #674 - Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
You may have noticed the absence of textured pictures from me in a CS that started. Apologies, but that will now change. I had small fall in my kitchen on Thursday night, slick floors (from flour from the baking I'd done earlier in the day). Long story short, I ended up with a bit of whiplash from landing hard in my butt, and for the past 2-3 days my neck has been painful and limited my actions. I tried to convince my physician that it was a mere "neck sprain" ; she said Medicare would rather I didn't but they would be willing to cover whiplash. I said, ok a minor whiplash! I'm much better now, took no drugs, lots of heat and cold compresses and lots of rest.

1. Dried starfish is all texture. Early afternoon light.
View attachment 1649748

2. Pine needle basket from one of the NW Indian tribes.

View attachment 1649749

3. Fake texture, from a 1970's faux wood paneling. I hate this stuff!

View attachment 1649750
Sorry to hear about your fall. No more flour on the floor, ok?!

Real Name
Chris
Some great pictures in this thread. Kudos to Nick for coming up with such a great theme.

Leaf of a Putty-root Orchid plant (Aplectrum hyemale)​

View attachment 1649755

Shagbark hickory

View attachment 1649756

Textures in the woods on our hike today

View attachment 1649757

View attachment 1649758
The first three pictures look so coordinated, then the forth takes a step backward from the taken into into the taking. The textures along the entire journey from small to large are contiguous and fractal. THe set was like a jouney - thank you.

Real Name
Chris
I was hiking the Virgin Narrows in Zion with Greg last Thursday.....I will admit that it was probably the last time I will be able to do that!! It was very hard. I took a few photos with my Z6, but most of the time it was tucked safely inside a waterproof backpack. Most of my photos were done with my iphone. This one shows a lot of textures.View attachment 1649754
Wow Terry, as cliffs go, those are the most intimidating ones I've ever seem! Not only sheer, but every path is a serious overhang. The only way out of this canyon is upriver. Keep your eyes open!

It's a beautiful picture!

Real Name
Chris
You may have noticed the absence of textured pictures from me in a CS that started. Apologies, but that will now change. I had small fall in my kitchen on Thursday night, slick floors (from flour from the baking I'd done earlier in the day). Long story short, I ended up with a bit of whiplash from landing hard in my butt, and for the past 2-3 days my neck has been painful and limited my actions. I tried to convince my physician that it was a mere "neck sprain" ; she said Medicare would rather I didn't but they would be willing to cover whiplash. I said, ok a minor whiplash! I'm much better now, took no drugs, lots of heat and cold compresses and lots of rest.

1. Dried starfish is all texture. Early afternoon light.
View attachment 1649748

2. Pine needle basket from one of the NW Indian tribes.

View attachment 1649749

3. Fake texture, from a 1970's faux wood paneling. I hate this stuff!

View attachment 1649750
Wow. Fibonachi fan, eh? You've got some killer spirals and progressions going on here. I love 'em!

Real Name
Chris
The Texture of Time
roucebottlesequence.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Royce turns three today. When one is very young (and three is very, very ... very young - time itself is different than it is for us now. You know what I mean, right? It's just different.

Above is one of Royce's last seconds of Two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom